A Boyfriend Like Him

Chapter One

-A Boyfriend Like Him-

"All I wanted was you | The fairytale you sold me | A taste of what you'd told me | You put the stagger in me | You wanna see if I bleed | I leave a dagger in you | Now who sings those blues?" - Gin Wigmore - Devil In Me

-----------------------------------------------------------

I awoke hung-over and cramped in a single bed, smothered by Taylor Cadley for the second time in my life. The first time having been just as memorable as this time, but for entirely different reasons, I'd just been dumped, right on my butt.

But it was something I should have seen coming, really. When you start dating someone while pretending to be their male roommate, it's likely that it will send them running screaming back to their cheating ex. Which will lead you to find a message on their phone from the ex, letting you know that you're the only one in the twisted triangle that doesn't realise you're a rebound and a bad rebound at that.

Now I'm aware of how that all sounds, but I don't cross dress and explore peoples phones for fun. I'm also not crazy, let's just start by emphasising that point. It all started with a class assessment investigating cultural difference. We, as a class, were set the task of choosing an aspect of our lives that was full of self-righteousness and arrogance and completely smashing the assumptions to tiny little pieces and learn to look through someone else's eyes. I had made the mistake of picking a fight with the guy currently drooling in my hair, while rubbing his morning glory against my lower back in his sleep.

He walked into my life as an arrogant, party boy player and changed it forever... but not as the boy I fall head over heels for and live happily ever after with. Hell no, that's gross. This isn't a romance novel. Get your head out of the clouds, princess.

He had defended his sluttish ways and I had fought to assert my female glory in this day and age and made myself come off as a feminist lesbian... Taylor's words, not mine. Isn't he lovely?

I spent two weeks, dressed as a boy, fooling everyone I met in my new world, including the roommate I was put with Jake Brennan. That was when things started getting messy as I tried to date Jake and live with him as my alter ego 'Lockie'. Taylor got caught in the middle of it as my 'how-to-be-a-boy' advisor and Jake ended up thinking that I was dating Taylor behind his back and it brought out issues between them too, because Jake's ex Milly cheated on Jake with Taylor (and a whole bunch of other guys too!) and the wounds hadn't healed. ...He also hadn't gotten over her, like at all.

So when I was in his room, hanging out with him attaching myself and my feelings to Jake, because he is gloriously good looking and really nice. I was devastated when he got a message and he had his preview text messages setting on and I could read the message she sent him calling me a rebound, confessing her love and basically being a nosy little biotch that should never have sunk her claws back into my man.

He chose her, which sucks. This is why I ended up in Taylor's bed. I fell asleep watching zombie movies with him and my actual roommate Kathy, who pretended to be my girlfriend and cheated on me with Taylor behind my boy back. It was her idea to shot vodka every time someone would decapitate a head and I felt like doing that to Jake and Milly. This explains my throbbing head and cotton mouth this morning.

...So that answers the in bed with strange boy's situation questions. Back to reality...

"Taylor, wake up," I groaned and groaned again when he groaned and pulled me closer to him with his arm around my waist. "Taylor!" I laughed as he got himself comfortable again and sighed happily, when his hand rested on my left boob, giving the smallest of squeezes.