Willow

Let it be known from the start, I've only had basic horse interaction in my life. I probably got things wrong, so real horse people, calm down, I'm not claiming to be a horse expert if I got horse things/behaviours wrong.

Also, a lot of you thought Taylor was harsh to Ashley last chapter, but keep in mind one: he's super paranoid/anxious he'll mess up again. Two: he doesn't know about the fangirls. From his POV some random started lecturing Lucy about what a dick he is and she doesn't know anything that went on, even though there's a whole network of people on campus gossiping about Taylor and Lucy, he doesn't know that she knows as much as she would.

Enjoy!
JL xoxo
----------------------------------------

Chapter Fifty-Five
-Willow-

Looking myself over in the mirror, I smoothed down the new dress. Totally worth skipping the afternoons classes. After working all day, every day, for three days, the rest I got from doing a little retail therapy was soul uplifting. Taylor had said to wear something good and this was good, without being too much. As I gathered my hair to the side and pinned it and slipped into my flat sandals, I felt better than I had for a while. With basic makeup while being a little heavier on the eyes, I felt like a million bucks. My phone buzzed and I practically danced over to it. Taylor told me he was ready, outside when I was finished and I grinned to myself. I didn't trust him and truth be told I may have been still waiting for the next shoe to drop, but I didn't have to trust him to enjoy whatever he had planned for me tonight. I was wearing nasty granny panties, which were the modern equivalent of an iron chastity belt. Taylor wasn't getting anywhere near me tonight.

I walked out of my accommodation block to find the most bizarre scene of my short lived life. Taylor folded over a patient, though gorgeous looking horse as Robbo and Darko, shoved him onto it. I'm all for an opportunity to stare at his ass undisturbed, but this was weird. Even for the girl that dressed as a boy and tried to date the roommate.
"It's going to fall down, oh my god. No, I'm going to fall off. This is terrifying. No, no, no." Taylor chanted over and over in a panic. The horse made a quiet huff, taking half a step over, its tail giving a gentle swish, the only indication that they could be starting to upset it.
"Just get on the fucker, she'll be here soon," Darko hissed in a whisper, pushing Taylors leg to try and get him upright. Taylor was so stiff and unnatural, that he couldn't get himself there. Didn't help he was in restricting slacks and a button down shirt. Watching the horse carefully, it was very passive to begin with and Taylor climbing all over it was only a mild irritant to the beast. They were lucky it didn't have more spirit.
"Um?" I asked, quietly as I moved closer to them and they all froze in their position. I wanted Taylor off the horse. It was dark and anything could spook it and the idiot didn't have any sort of protection on.
"Damn it," Robbo sighed, turning to blind me with his most charming and suspicious smile. "You're early," He spoke in a high tone that sounded as though he was frustrated.
"Yeah," I nodded, feeling awkward.
"Mind turning around for a second?" He replied. Turning on my heel, I faced the building and smiled to myself as I heard them grunt, swear and shove Taylor onto the beast.
"Okay, just give us five seconds to clear the scene and then turn around," Darko told me and I counted it out mentally. Turning around again, Taylor was finally upright. Now that he was in a more comfortable position for both of them, I watched the horses ears flat out in a lazy position, letting me know it was calm again, just tired.
"M'lady," He smirked at me, and I burst into laughter as the horse completed the picture by decided now was a good time for a bathroom break.
"What the fuck are you doing, Taylor?" I asked, taking in the sight of him on a horse, the horse standing tolerantly and looking bored, while Taylor looked somewhat uncomfortable at the pile of mess now behind the horse. All of this in the middle of a university campus, in the middle of a city. Fucking city people, I swear to god.
"Being your prince charming," He replied, with a boyish, silly grin. Laughing still, I moved carefully towards the animal and let it sniff me before I touched its nose. It snorted gently and then moved its nose into my hand.
"Why are you on a horse, and where did you get this poor thing from?" I asked, rubbing down its soft neck, feeling a hint of nostalgia for Trent's old mare, Bubbles, who had the same reddish-brown colouring.
"Uh, Darko has a friend who has a horse. He called in a favour. Her name is Willow," Taylor was still grinning at me. "It's a grand gesture that I would please like to be the love of your life and prince charming."
"I'm more impressed about how lovely this old girl is, than walking out to find your stupid ass trying to climb her like a caveman," I snorted, amused and Taylor glared down at me.
"That's not fair," He whispered to me. "I'm shitting my pants right now, so you better to appreciate this."
"Can you just get off her?" I asked him, pouting and he sucked his bottom lip into his mouth.
"I don't know how," He murmured after a moment of looking around. Laughing again, I shook my head at him.
"Lean forward, swing your other leg over and just slide down, preparing to land on your feet," I told him. "Hopefully in one full motion, you're lucky she's calm." I laughed quietly, as Willow started to sniff at my dress. Snorting and trying to catch it in her flapping lips. Cheeky girl.
"Apparently she's ancient," Taylor murmured. "That's why we were allowed to use her, as long as we didn't make her move very fast."
"You poor girl," I whispered to Willow, pressing my cheek to her neck. "A full life of work and you're finally out to pasture and idiots are climbing all over you."
"I'm disturbed at how much you like this horse, rather than me. Grand romantic gesture and all I get is the horse some action," Taylor muttered, looking around for the best way to start getting down.
"Horses don't stress out ancient humans just for unnecessary grand gestures," I laughed, pulling his leg over the horse, when he started to try and get down. Landing on his feet, with only a slight stumble, Taylor grinned at me triumphantly.
"I did it," He told me and I couldn't help but laugh again.
"Yeah, you did," I nodded at him, condescendingly. "Now who is taking her home, because I'm not leaving her here by herself," I asked, looking around.
"The guy is over there," Taylor told me, throwing his thumb over his shoulder.

"I smell really bad now," Taylor murmured, as we walked towards his car.
"You smell like home to me," I laughed. "I've missed it."
"Smelling like shit?" Taylor replied, amused.
"Smelling like hard work," I muttered. "Car pollution and dumpsters smell like shit. Horses and dirt smell like an honest day's work."
"I don't get it," Taylor shook his head.
"You wouldn't," I laughed again. "You're too city for your own good."
"Oh pssh," Taylor snorted. "My names Lucy, I care about horses," He adopted a girly voice. "I think the country smells good and the city is gross."
"Mature," I glared at him. "Now you've stopped abusing animals for no good reason, where are we going?" I asked.
"Not telling," He glared back at me.
"You're a real prince charming," I rolled my eyes.
"You're no Cinderella yourself," He muttered at me, indignantly.
"Am I dressed appropriately?" I asked, gesturing to my dress.
"You'd be appropriately dressed in anything, lovely cakes," He smirked.
"Lovely cakes?" I asked, glancing over at him.
"Honey Bun?" He retorted and I glared at him. "Sugar lips?" His smirk was growing fast.
"Just stop, please."
"Wait, wait. Just one more," He stopped walking and grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. "Snuggly butt," He spoke against my neck and I laughed at the name and the tickling sensation, his breath left on my skin as he spoke.
"Snuggly butt?" I demanded, pulling back. His grin was relaxed and easy. "I'm beginning to think you're pulling out the worst names you can think of, so I just give up and give you 'buttercup' back."
"No, seriously. I have been legitimately looking for a new name," Taylor laughed. "But if that's the plan you want to go with." He trailed off and levelled me with a serious look. "Snuggle pookie."
"I've already said no to pookie," I glared at him.
"But this is snuggle pookie."
"No," I said firmly. "To either, or."
"Cuddly butt," He suggested, pulling me closer and if possible, Taylor smelling like himself and the horse, made me want to jump him right then and there. My two worlds had collided. He smelt like home.
"No, Taylor," I laughed into his chest. "But you should show up on horses more often," I murmured, holding him closer.
"Uh no," He muttered seriously, pulling away to look down at me.
"You smell like you and home. If I wasn't wearing granny panties right now, I might just let you have your way with me," I told him, grinning.
"Not keeping any cards close to our chest tonight?" He asked and I pulled him in, to breathe him in again.
"Just a little home sick, is all," I laughed. 
"Well, you did once mention a very exciting and embarrassing karaoke festival, when am I taking you?" He grinned and I rolled my eyes.
"That would mean I would want to introduce you to my parents, so no. That won't happen. I'll go by myself," I grinned at him. "It'll give me a chance to catch up with Trent." Taylor's eyes darkened at the mention of Trent.
"Oh really?" He asked, and I nodded. "Trent? The ex? the guy that is still hung up on you? The one that came here and surprised you and wants to rekindle you two?" He murmured darkly.
"Are you jealous?" I asked, trying not to laugh.
"Yes," his face dropped to a pout. "I only just got you back and you're already planning on boys to see without me." He whined like a child and it was equally cute as it was unsettling.
"You hardly have me back, Taylor. I'm wearing granny panties, that means I don't want you anywhere near me tonight with all that," I gestured to his crotch. "You still have work to do, boy."
"Well then, let's get walking and stopping distracting me. I have plans and you're ruining them." Grabbing my hand, he made me laugh as he dragged me to his car and opened the door for me. "milady," He smirked, helping me into the seat.

Dork.