Mr University-Adult

Chapter Twenty-Seven
-Mr University-Adult-

I woke up alone in Taylor's bed the next morning, but was still completely smothered by his presence through the simple fact of being in his childhood room and the way his cologne and natural smell was infused in the bedding. I closed my eyes and buried myself into the sheets and could practically taste him, he felt so close to me.
As I hauled myself from the bed and readied myself for a shower I thought about how different this weekend had been from what I had expected. Taylor was really defensive when it came to his brother and father, but I could understand his point of view in not wanting to be pushed into their way of getting things done, when he already knew it wasn't for him. I applauded his courage to stand up for himself and not be bullied into a job where he would be miserable while doing it and knew it too.

His sister was everything Taylor said she was, but seemed to have grown an allegiance with Taylor to face their brother and sister-in-law. Juliet was a bitch, spoiled and demanding, but used the arrogance that came from that way of thinking to demand things be done for her. Not just superficial things, but to help others too. I could imagine her walking up to her father and demanding he find a way to have people finance her dance troop, simply because she knew he would make it happen. Why would he ever say no to her? She was Juliet. An ego wasn't always a bad thing to have, looking at her.

Taylor's father was where she got that ego from. He was a self-assured, wildly successful business man and lived on his throne looking down his nose at his minions. Kudos to him for it, his house and family. A business-minded son working under his wing to continue his legacy while building his own throne for the security of his wife and now, child. A head strong daughter committed to making a difference in the community by running her own show. Whether the show was dance or traditional business, it didn't matter. Juliet had seen a gap in the market and had filled it, showing a strong drive for hard work and making things happen. His other son working on a double degree proved he had obviously given all of his children his work ethic. A strong drive to push through barriers and move mountains to obtain what they wanted, but with all that said, I also saw a glimmer of something else in there, particularly when he spoke of and to his wife. He built his throne to make sure his wife and family was secure and protected, which was to be admired.

It was easy to see why he wanted his wife secure and protected. She was sweet, loving and shamelessly adored all who came into her life. She was obviously the calming, grounding, humble side to his arrogant, aggressive, ego-driven personality. They were yin and yang and made it work amazingly. Having not wanted to stick around, I hadn't had the chance to really talk to Simon, but Judith had left her mark on both Taylor and Juliet, balancing out their egos with compassion that made them a force to be reckoned with. The whole family was fascinating to watch, really. I was disappointed we weren't staying for longer.

I showered and was dressing when Taylor burst into the room.
"Buttercup," He exclaimed, coming towards me with a grin. "Forget the pants. You have no need for them for the next hour for what I have planned." I glared at him, only slightly amused as I pulled my shirt on.
"Where have you been?" I asked, taking in his loose shorts, t-shirt and dishevelled, yet still sexy hair.
"Running. Get the blood pumping and all that," He grinned, pulling me towards him and wrapping his arms around my waist. I squirmed in his hold as he held me against his sweaty body.
"I just took a shower and you're all gross Taylor," I laughed, still trying to pull away from him. His bottom lip popped out into a pout as he gave me puppy dog eyes.
"You took a shower without me?" He asked, looking wounded.
"I did. Funnily enough, I don't seem to get as clean when I shower with you," I laughed, rolling my eyes at him. He went from kicked dog to smirking ass in a world record time.
"That's 'cause I know how to get you all hot and dirty," he winked at me.
"You sure do, but right now you're all hot and dirty. Go cool down and get clean and I may think about touching you then. No promises, though," I teased him and he raised a sweaty eyebrow at me indignantly.
"Who says I want you to touch me?" He asked defensively.
"That rod of steel in your pants, that's hurting my thigh right now," I laughed and he glared at me.
"Occupational hazard of running, don't take it personally," He glared at me and I scoffed.
"Okay, Tay Tay," I cooed while patting his cheek softly, yet condescendingly. I finally shoved him away from me as his hold loosened and I left him there glaring at me, with a small smirk hidden underneath that grumpy face.