He's Majestic

The songs mentioned:

Taylor Swift - "22"

Slim Dusty - "Duncan"

Dolly Parton - "9 to 5"

Alan Jackson - "Little Bitty

Taylor Swift - "Our Song"

Nicki Minaj - "Superbass"

Elvis Presley - "All Shook Up"

Elvis Presley - "Hound Dog"

A long neck beer is 750ml sized beer (average wine bottle size). I don't know if long necks are a thing else where or they have another name (urban dictionary is comparing it to a '40' in the USA... Whatever that means. 40oz?)

An Akubra (someone asked last chapter) is "an Australian brand of bush hat, whose wide brimmed styles are a distinctive part of Australian culture, especially in the rural areas." ... Basically it's a cowboy hat. But Australian. In Australia. Hanging out with kangaroos and shit.

As for my lack of posting, my brain broke! I've had 1300 words done for the last week but couldn't get the beginning or end going for this chapter. I apologise for my sudden hermit status. It wasn't much more fun for me, as it would have been for you guys. Sorry. Introvert side of me took over for a second. Had a moment of clarity this afternoon though, so that's nice. :)

Enjoy!

JL xoxo

--------------------------------

Chapter Sixty-Six

-He's Majestic -

Mum moved off from our little camp to talk to some of her friends and left us to guard the cheese and her not-so-secret-stash of wine under the cheese. Pouring a cup I handed it to Kathy who, busy on her phone, hardly looked up as she accepted it and took a sip. I poured my own cup half full of juice we'd just gotten and topped it up with the sparkling wine.

"We're drinking?" Taylor asked and I laughed.

"You can be sober for the Elvis show we're in for all night?" I asked and Taylor's brow dropped as he considered me and my non-sobriety.

"Well, I don't have to hide this anymore," Taylor finally sighed, and lent back onto his elbow as he pulled a flask out of his back shorts pocket. I threw head my back and laughed as I watched him take a long pull on his juice and then top it up with whatever was in the flask. Vodka, I was assuming.

"You were holding out on me, you jerk," I scowled at him, but wasn't able to keep the smile off my face.

"I thought this was a respectable family event," Taylor shrugged with a laugh.

"That you were going to get secretly hammered at?" Taylor nodded with another shrug like it was the only obvious choice he had.

"We're actually getting hammered?" Kathy asked, looking up at us. "Oh thank god, I thought I was going to have to sneak off and slam drinks down behind the bar."

"When have I ever encouraged abstinence of what could probably be considered our favourite pass-time?" I asked looking between the two of them. They glanced at each other and Kathy shrugged.

"She kind of has a point, although I just assumed you were being respectable around your parents and all," Kathy turned from Taylor to me as she spoke.

"I guess the only reason we fucked the first time was because you were drunk," Taylor frowned at me.