Oh, Taylor

miasmiles rocks my world and she also sent me another banner, thanks kitten!

----------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Six
-Oh, Taylor-

We sat the dinner table as Ronnie gushed about the excitement it was that she was about to get fat. The woman exuded 'trying-to-hard-to-be-classy' in a dress Juliet would be more suited too while bar hopping and excessive amounts of gold jewellery I was sure she only wore because she could. I immediately didn't like her when she walked into the house and gave me a judgemental up and down look and walked out of the room with a flip of her gross extension hair without actually verbally acknowledging me at all. I'm fully aware that people don't have to like people, but she didn't even try to try and when another girl gives you judging eyes while she looks like a sex worker you have every right to despise the bitch before you give them a chance. Judgement eyes voids any need for social pleasantries, girl code 101.

I sat between Juliet and Taylor during dinner and was kept quietly entertained because Juliet didn't like her either, so couldn't care less that she was talking while the other woman was.
"That hair is ninety-five percent extensions," Juliet murmured in my ear. "Not even good extensions. They're 'made in china', plastic, melt in your real hair if you were try and straighten or blow dry them, straight from eBay, extensions," Juliet continued. "She tried to do the whole Victoria Beckham angled bob and she looked like recovering cancer patient." I glanced at Taylor with half a smirk and he shrugged knowingly gesturing towards his sister.
"Bitch," He mouthed, nodding.
"It's because Simon paid four hundred dollars for the screwed up hairstyle and refused to pay out more to hide the hair abortion, so she had to use her own money to pay for them. Here's a hint, she hasn't got any money herself," Juliet snickered and I think she was having way too much fun having another girl to gossip with, that Ronnie didn't like.
"Who hasn't got money?" Simon asked Juliet from across the table.
"Maya, I'm helping her pay for the dance trip again this year," Juliet replied flawlessly with big bambi eyes and everything. I was impressed how fluidly this girl could lie through her teeth.
"That girl has done nothing but use and abuse our family's money from the moment you met her," Simon grimaced like he'd just stepped on a snail barefoot. "Really wish you wouldn't let her use you for your money like that," He shook his head and I had to elbow Taylor as he opened his mouth to retort. He gave me his own set of bambi eyes, that I was sure he taught Juliet and I narrowed my eyes at him knowingly.
"She has been an excellent friend to Jules and I love her like my own daughter," Taylor's mother came in as the consistent voice of reason for the family. "We don't mind doing anything for her. You know she's been working and actually tried to pay back the money from last year's dance trip?"
"Probably secretly hoping you wouldn't actually take it so she could pay her rent on time for once," Simon muttered.
"More gratitude than your gold digger has ever shown the family," Taylor muttered under his breath at the same time.
"That's enough," Taylor's father stepped in just as Simon's eyes zoned in on Taylor and glared at him. "Juliet, I've been asked to tell you that the company want you to have a dress rehearsal so they can assess that you're staying on course and there isn't going to be any inappropriate dancing at the benefit."
"How do they expect us to dance inappropriately exactly?" Juliet laughed.
"What's that disgusting thing all you kids doing, nowadays? Twerking?" Ronnie interrupted, grimacing.
"Your friends probably are," Juliet bit back, with her own grimace directed at Ronnie. "We aren't that desperate for attention." They had a mini glare-off between each other before Juliet continued. "We're dancing classically, you know, ballroom style. Guys from the centre that play basketball and indoor soccer have actually agreed to partner the girls and are looking forward to the new experience."
"Either way, they want to see it and they're the ones putting big money into your dance group. Please arrange your dancers to be ready for them, so I can tell them when to show up," Bruce replied, either used to the tension between the girls or simply figuring it's easier to completely ignore it all together.
"Whatever," Juliet sighed, full of parental rebellion.
"Everyone ready for dessert?" Judith asked and there was a murmured acceptance.
"I'm looking forward to this bundle of joy more and more every day," Ronnie smiled while rubbing her flat stomach. "I normally wouldn't have anything after dinner, but you know," She laughed. "Eating for two and everything."
"Eating for two is a woman's excuse to get unnecessarily fat," Taylor jumped in before anyone could stop him. "If you are eating a healthy amount of food for your lifestyle and body type, you shouldn't really need to eat any more or less whilst pregnant. Not to mention the sudden stress you would put on your body and unborn baby by forcing it to work harder than normal."
"Oh, because you've been pregnant how many times before?" Ronnie asked condescendingly with her thin brows raised arrogantly. Wrong move, lady...
"About three times less than you," He smirked at her knowingly, and she blushed red, fiercely. "That we know about, anyway," He added on a moment later.
"Taylor," Simon growled at Taylor as Juliet covered the lower half of her face with a napkin to suppress the giggle trying to slip out and Bruce sighed heavily, in what I was sure was, exasperation.
"What?" Taylor asked innocently, turning his smirk to his brother. "I know about pregnant women, because I learnt it in my general body science class. You know, for the medical portion of my degree?" He was being an ass, but I didn't blame him. "So in actual fact, I probably know more about her condition than she does. Have you considered what you might do should you acquire gestational diabetes during the pregnancy?"
"Taylor," Bruce gave him a warning look that made Taylor sigh loudly. I looked over to Ronnie to see her dabbing at her eyes trying extremely hard to look inconspicuous in a very conspicuous way.
"God, you're an asshole," Simon glared at his brother as he was starting to console his upset wife.
"She started it," Taylor smirked back at him. "It's probably just hormones, anyway. I learnt about those during the pregnancy part too. They can cause massive mood swings and hyper emotional sensitivity." I pinched him on the thigh and gave him my best 'You've done enough' look, but he only grinned and winked at me.
"I'm going to help mum with dessert," Juliet had finally recovered from her laughing enough to spit out. Watching her flee the room, I wished I could go with her.

As Ronnie dabbed at her suspiciously dry looking eyes, Taylor sat back in his chair and wrapped his arm around the back of my chair.
Judith came back into the room with Juliet trailing behind her. She stopped her chair and surveyed the scene as Simon kissed a snivelling Ronnie on the temple and Bruce rubbed his eyes and looked ten years older than when she left the room five minutes ago. Her eyes fell on Taylor and her face dropped into knowing look as her son smirked back at her.
"Oh, Taylor," she sighed mostly to herself, beginning to move the chair again and came up to the table. Juliet passed her and deposited the ice cream and plate of brownies onto the table and reclaimed her seat next to me. I noticed Ronnie only asked for half a brownie when dessert was served up, which made Taylor quietly laugh to himself.

After everyone went to bed, I lay on the bed in my pyjamas as Taylor came back from having a shower.
"So, you and Ronnie are just about besties, huh?" I laughed, averting my eyes down to wear his towel sat deliciously low on his hips.
"Friends till the end," he snorted in amusement. "What gave it away?"
"Oh, you know. The whole hair braiding and giggling while you guys gossiped thing you had going on," I replied, rolling my eyes. Taylor grinned at me before disappearing into his wardrobe.
"She's just a fucking bitch," he sighed, walking out of the wardrobe in a pair of track suit pants and scrubbing his hair dry with his towel.
"Yeah, I picked up on that," I laughed.
"She and Simon suit each other though, so whatever. It's his dick to stick wherever he wants, I suppose."
"You're so crude," I laughed at him and he shrugged with a grin, throwing the towel at me and flopping onto his bed, landing some what on top of me. I looked down at him as he used my thigh as a headrest and shook my head. "You shouldn't look that proud when I call you crude," I told him raising a brow.
"And you shouldn't look so fuckable while eating brownies and ice cream as you just did, but you didn't hear me complaining, did you?" Taylor asked and I narrowed my eyes at him.
"You're still being crude," I informed him.
"And you're still fucking gorgeous," he replied simply in the way only Taylor could. I fought the blush as hard as I could, but he chuckled to himself as it bloomed on my face. Looking away from him, I smirked at myself. I was ridiculous. Over my head. A boy calls me a sweet name and I lose it. "Hey," he grinned, sitting up and moving over me, his toned bare chest mine to touch. He cupped my face in his hand and gave me a steady look. "Stay with me," he whispered. I gave him a small smile and nodded.
"I'm still here," I assured him. A smirk grew on his face as he pushed me gently, easing me back onto the bed.
"Right where I want you," he grinned before pressing his lips to mine.