Viva La Vegemite

Chapter Thirty-Six

-Viva La Vegemite-

The next morning you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I was bursting with energy from the inside and I couldn't get Taylor out of my head. The things he'd said and the way he'd acted. They couldn't be pretend. We had done unemotional sex and last night wasn't unemotional. He was in this fully with me, he just had to be.

The grin on his handsome face confirmed it as he came striding towards me with two coffees in his hand as I walked to class.

"Skim vanilla latte, full of empty calories and sugar, just the way you like it," Taylor smirked as he handed the coffee over.

"How did you know?" I grinned, taking it from him.

"Everything you did last night and you think I'm going to not at least remember your coffee order?" He laughed, using his newly freed hand to wrap it around my waist. "I'm a gentleman, buttercup."

"So I get paid in sweet coffee for my services?" I asked and laughed as he nodded with his customary devilish grin.

"And so much more," he promised before dipping his head to press his lips to mine. I could taste his coffee as mine was almost completely forgotten at my side and I closed my eyes to concentrate on the boy in front of me. His top lip tasted of a hint of salt as I sucked on it, although I was sure he'd had a shower after the gym this morning.

"When do I get the much more?" I murmured quietly against his lips, with eyes still closed.

"After class, greedy girl," He answered with a rough voice, nibbling at my bottom lip.

"Before class," I countered, giving in to the feeling flooding through me as I spoke against his lips.

"We don't have time," He chuckled.

"During class, then?" I asked and he laughed more openly.

"What have I unleashed in you?" He demanded, pulling back to look at me properly. I grinned at him and he shook his head in mock exasperation. "Drink that damn coffee and stop looking at me like you're going to eat me."

"I do want to eat you," I smirked as his face dropped to a warning look. "Whole," I nodded in confirmation.

"Jesus Christ," He swore under his breath as he turned on his heel and pulled me along with him as he steered us towards our classroom.

We were early to class. The room wasn't empty, but the lecturer wasn't there and people were just chatting. Raising my coffee to my lips, I watched Taylor.

"Stop it," He warned me again, not even looking at me.

"Stop what?" I asked, after taking a sip of my latte.

"Looking at me like that, you're not far from a spanking and being handcuffed to a bed, naked," He murmured to me.

"Promise?" I asked, making him glare at me as I grinned. I took his hand that was resting on the desk and laughed. "Fine, I'll somehow control myself from jumping you."

"Not forever, just until I have you alone," He promised, sounding amused as I played with his hand in mine. His hand was strong and masculine, it was tanned and the little rough parts on the top of his palms said that he worked hard.

I followed his lifeline up his palm and came back across along his heart line. They were both strong and deep. He would love passionately throughout his long life, which didn't surprise me. I looked up at his face as I started feeling like I was being watched. I was right; his bright eyes bore into me when I met them.

"I was reading your palm," I told him, with a smirk.

"See anything good?" He replied.

"You will be poor, loveless and ugly all before you're thirty," I sighed grimly.