Just Not Enough

Thank you so much for the cover XxRialler_HoranxX! Love it when I get to see my readers creative side!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Sixteen
-Just Not Enough-

How does one react to maybe, kind of, little bit liking the guy they're 'dating' who just gave them a mind blowing night and morning in the sack? I don't know about the rest of you, but me? I was hiding.

I was holed up in one of the dark corners of the library, praying to god no one came looking for me. Last night was not supposed to happen the way it did. I really need to get drunk Lucy under control 'cause the girl was causing me no end of trouble, the little skank. Not to mention, I have to go to work this afternoon and Taylor was going to be there... on purpose, because he'd skipped his workout this morning to have sex with me. I was going to castrate my drunken self. I was not supposed to have sex with Taylor, that was definitely not part of the plan. I was supposed to finish this week and then finish next week and go along my merry way, not having received any form of pleasure from doing this assignment. ... And then I had to go get drunk.

I finally get a male friend that I enjoyed just spending time with and I go ahead and throw it away for an orgasm. I'm the worst kind of person. And it will be no one's surprise when Taylor doesn't go along with the plan, so I would be left swooning for him while he enjoyed his campus wide orgy, I've promised him.

I wasn't a casual dater, I didn't like sharing. What's mine is mine and the rest can go suck a lemon. But now I was involved with the biggest casual dater in town and I had to separate all my feelings from all his not-feelings and the fact that I was hiding was already a giant red flag that I was involved. I was affected and near on ruining my undies in fear that he would find me and continue on with this charade completely unaffected.

I lent my head back to rest against the wall and closed my eyes. I needed a game plan and hopefully it was one that didn't end with me back in his bed or him in my heart. I thought back to the Wednesday when I thought he was such a great friend and I wanted the best him. Yeah right, Drunk Lucy! You were just buttering me up, so I'd get you drunk and let you ride him like a cowboy. I was lucky to have picked this aisle to hide in because I was having a great internal fight with myself that would make me look like a schizophrenic person the way I glaring at myself and mentally hate shaming.

I did however look up eventually to find someone standing at the open end of the aisle looking rightfully shame ridden himself with his scummy hands in his scummy pockets.

"What do you want Jake?" I asked, and he took it as his cue to step closer to me.

"Sorry," He murmured for what felt like the millionth time.

"How many times are we going to do this?" I asked, putting the book I wasn't even paying attention too down and hugging my knees closer to myself. "You say you're sorry and then repeatedly treat me like I was the one that screwed around behind your back."

"I know and every time I do it, I hate myself after," He frowned, coming closer to me still. "I know it hurts you and I don't feel any better for having done it after, but I just can't seem to help myself when I see Taylor with you." He shook his head, looking down at his shoes. I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly as he kicked the carpet as a distraction for himself. "What is it about him?" He wondered aloud, before looking up as I looked over at him. He didn't look pissed, he just seemed curious.

"Taylor?" I asked and he nodded.

"Why does he get everything I want and once I have something it slips through my hands like melted butter?"