Honey Bun

-----------------------

Chapter Fifty-Nine

-Honey Bun-

After I finished work, I headed towards The Hub. I didn't really want to go, but Taylor had promised me that Kathy in a tux and just one drink was well worth it. Being a Tuesday, it wasn't as busy as the nights closer to the weekend. They sat in the corner and I couldn't miss them for the simple fact that the three dollar hooker was six foot two and the dapper fellow had a fucking top hat on. Robbo was ridiculously dedicated to this. Approaching, I could see just how much Kathy was wearing. The shoes, pants, cummerbund, shirt, bowtie, jacket and of course, the hat. The shoulders of the tux sat awkwardly, telling me the whole outfit was a size too big. Round the table, I grinned when I saw she had a sharpie moustache. It curled on her cheeks and it was so unnecessary and ridiculous.

"How was everyone's day?" I asked politely, as I sat down between Kathy and Taylor.

"Fuck off," Kathy grunted at me, the top hat slipping down her head as it was too big for her.

"My day was spectacular, Lucy. Thank you so much for asking," Robbo beamed at me.

"I'm so glad to hear," I laughed, not missing the stink eye I was getting from Jake and Kathy.

"My day was pretty good too," Taylor grinned at me as he wrapped his arm around the back of my chair. Unable to help myself, I leant into him with my own grin.

"Yeah?" I asked, quietly and he nodded, smiling at me with his eyes before they glanced down towards my lips.

"Yeah," He confirmed and then pressed his lips to mine briefly. Pulling back, Robbo looked love struck as the other two glared at us.

"Can you not?" Jake asked and Taylor shook his head.

"But, I must," Taylor replied, making me laugh.

"When can I take this off?" Kathy asked, with crossed arms awkwardly as the suit was too large for her, and the pout of a toddler.

"At the stroke of midnight," Robbo grinned. "I even have the room for you to do it in," he purred at her with dancing eyebrows.

"Urgh," Kathy rolled her eyes in disgust.

"You're talking like you'd know what to do with her, once you had her," Taylor laughed and Robbo smirked.

"Just because she chewed you up and spat you out, doesn't mean someone more experienced and qualified couldn't get the job done."

"I am sitting right here, you Neanderthals," Kathy glared at the two of them.

"I could handle her," Jake stated quietly while smirking and all eyes slid to where he sat in his bright blue eye shadow and fake eyelashes before the burst of laughter came from everyone but him.

"I don't go for high maintance, baby," Kathy laughed, patting his bare knee condescendingly. "The longer the eyelashes, the more expensive the sex."

"I'm worth every cent," He winked at her promisingly.

"Back to having self-respect, I already have more on my plate than I can really handle and I wouldn't touch anyone at this table-" Her eyes slid to Taylor briefly, before adding; "Again." Looking back to the other two, she laughed. "God only knows where you've been," she quirked an eyebrow at Robbo. "And you, well. We all know what happened last time you tried to start something with someone," She directed her judging eyebrow at Jake. "No offence," she added, glancing at me. Smiling to reassure her I didn't mind, I moved closer into Taylor, who automatically wrapped his arm around my shoulders.