Preach

Chapter Forty-Nine
-Preach-

Kathy had talked me into going for a drink after work. I was pretty tired, but she insisted that I needed to be there tonight.
Walking into The Hub, Robbo spotted me first and came over quickly.
"Hey Lucy," he grinned.
"Oh my god, would you leave me alone?" I groaned, making him laugh.
"I just said hey. Paranoid much?"
"Extremely, now go away," I glared at him.
"I'll buy you a drink," he offered and I rolled my eyes at my own shallowness.
"Fine," I sighed. "Lead the way."
"So, how was work?" He asked sweetly as we waited to be served.
"Horrifying," I sighed, resting my head in my hand with my elbow propped on the bar and closing my eyes.
"You really have an issue with exercise, don't you?" He smirked and I shook my head.
"Just stalkers," I assured him. "I'm learning to cope with the weird healthy people."
"So, what are you doing tomorrow?" Robbo asked brightly, and I peeked an eye open and glared at him with it.
"Oh, fuck off," I groaned and walked away from him, leaving him at the bar.

"Anyone of you say one word about Sunday, Tuesday or Friday and I'm leaving," I announced sitting at a table occupied by Kathy, Tom, Jake and Taylor. Wide eyed, each of their eyes slid to Taylor for a moment and then back to me, looking guilty.
"Why those days?" Taylor asked, confused and I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him. Robbo appeared a moment later and dropped a beer in front of me, with a smirk.
"Shut up," I snapped at him. "Not tomorrow, not ever." I glared at Robbo and he grinned widely at me after his eyes flicked to Taylor for a microsecond.
"Well, I just thought with no competition anymore, I could take you for a coffee. But no? Okay." My eyes widened as I realized what Robbo had just implied and I watched Taylor stiffen in my peripheral vision. I glared at Robbo as hard as I could as he simply grinned proudly back at me. I wanted to strangle him.
"I hate you," I told him, Robbo winked at me and took a long drink of his beer. I looked at Kathy, who was grinning broadly at Taylor and when I looked at Taylor, he was playing with the label of his beer bottle and chewing the inside of his cheek with a dark look on his face. Something that was seemingly becoming a habit of his. He didn't look happy, and I suspect that had been Robbo's intention the entire time. These people needed to mind their own business. Constantly having a group of fan-girls around stirring up trouble was becoming tiresome.
"So, you would not believe the shit I've had to put up with tonight," Robbo shook his head. "This chick walks up to me, when I got here and starts flirting, right?" He asked, not waiting for a response. "She's laying it on heavy and I know she's completely into me and then I go to buy a drink and she's like 'oh, where's mine?'," He finished, looking appalled and looking around our group waiting for us to be appalled with him.
"So?" Kathy asked. "Sounds fair to me."
"Sounds fair? If she's the instigator, I shouldn't have to buy her drinks," Robbo glared at her.
"Why? Because she's already half in your bed because she's flirting with you? That's ridiculous," I rolled my eyes at him.
"But, the way I see it is if a chick comes onto me, I shouldn't have to work further to get her in bed by buying her a drink. If anything, she should be buying me a drink," Robbo stated.
"Fuck off with that feminism shit," Kathy scoffed. "If she works up the courage in a society that tells woman that they can't be sexually aggressive, the girl deserves a drink as a thank you."
"You're a female. How can you not like feminism?" Jake asked Kathy, looking amused.
"Because it's give and take. Yes, woman should have the same jobs as men at the same pay. But we should also still be able to enjoy having a drink bought for us, when if anything happens, we're the ones that have to carry your demon spawn."
"So basically, you want the best of both worlds?" Taylor laughed.
"Yes, men have been enjoying all the worlds for far too long, they need to share," Kathy replied, making me laugh.
"Preach," I told her, offering up my bottle to make a toast to her.
"Then why don't woman have to buy drinks for men?" Robbo asked crossing his arms over his chest in a defensive manner.
"That's how I met Kathy. She buys guys drinks, no problems," Tom laughed.
"Woman shouldn't have to buy men drinks, because they're capable of earning significantly more during their lifetime than woman do, so shut up, enjoy the benefits of having a penis, and buy me a god damn drink every once in a while," Kathy laughed.
"Well if woman worked as hard as men in their jobs, they would earn the same amount," Robbo countered.
"Would you like to carry the future Robbo Robinson's child, so she can continue to work just as hard as men to earn just as much? You can also take ten years off from paid work to raise your own little devil offspring instead of expecting the unpaid, more stressful job to be done by the person with the vagina."
"I'd love to hang around the house and not do anything all day," Robbo laughed and Jake grabbed his arm and shook his head.
"There's more to staying at home, than not doing anything all day," Jake murmured. "Quit while you're behind dude." Robbo looked at Jake for a long moment before turning to Kathy, who was laughing.
"Like what?"
"Well, as any man would expect a woman too. Your wife should expect the house to completely spotless, the children clean, feed and kept away from household chemicals and dinner to be made and ready when she gets home, while you fold clothes as she eats and complains about how hard her job is, while scoffing at you if you make any mention of how hard household maintaining is," I couldn't help but butt in. Robbo threw his head back and laughed.
"That sounds exactly like how my dad speaks to my mum," He shook his head. "What an asshole. Fair point, I'll shut up now," he conceded and raised his drink in the air. "To people with vaginas," He announced and we all laughed as we gave him the toast. I drained what was left in my first bottle for that night.
"You want another one?" Taylor asked, standing up from the table. I looked up at him and he was being sincere, but I didn't feel like I should have to be giving him anything back.
"No, I'll get my own," I told him, coolly. Taylor started chewing his cheek again as he nodded, turning around, he walked away.
"What was that?" Robbo glared at me when Taylor was far enough not to hear the table.
"What?" I glared back at Robbo.
"He was being nice," he scolded me and I deepened my glare.
"Does it look like I give a fuck? Offering to buy me a drink will not make up for publicly humiliating me the way he has."
"You go girl," Kathy murmured, tipping her drink at me in salute.
"Oh, you stay out of it, Miss Friday," Robbo growled.
"Can I just state, I'm going for Wednesday," Tom announced.
"No," I turned my glare to Tom. "You can't."
"You're right," Tom smirked at me and then glanced at Kathy. "She is feisty." To which Kathy nodded at back at him.
"I literally hate you all," I stated, standing up.
"Where are you going?" Jake laughed.
"To get my own damn drink, like the feminist Robbo thinks I should be," I replied.
"Atta girl," Robbo grinned. "Now if only you would listen to me about tomorrow," He looked at me with hope and I rolled my eyes.
"Shut up, Robbo."

When they started swapping embarrassing high school hook up stories around the third or fourth drink, I called it a night. Kathy started with a nun costume, a bottle of peach schnapps and a broken bathroom sink at her grandma's house. Robbo mentioned a bottle of tequila, a tree branch and an echidna and I was officially done. I said my goodbyes and walked out of The Hub. I started down the path, but stopped when I heard my name.

As I turned on my heel, my head was surrounded by hands and my mouth had another mouth pressed to it. I grabbed onto his shirt instinctively to balance myself and find my baring's. When my mind caught up to Taylor and what he was doing to me, I enjoyed the kiss for just one little moment and then pushed as hard as I could on his chest. Only as he went down, I went with him. I hadn't actually paid attention to what was around me, so the water we landed in was somewhat of a surprise. Pushing up off him, I managed to push under the water, which was extremely satisfying. Flipping my hair in a move that the entire justgirlythings community of tumblr would be proud of, I managed to flick a wall of water in Taylor's face as he came up from under the water and gasped for air. With no hair in my face, I looked around and we were in a fucking fountain. A. MOTHER. FUCKING. FOUNTAIN.
"Why the hell did you grab onto me like that for?" I demanded and Taylor glared back at me.
"Why the hell did you push me?" He growled back.
"Probably because you mouth raped me," I yelled at him, standing up and spreading my arms wide to watch the water drip off me. "Are you fucking serious, Taylor? My damn phone is probably completely water logged right now." I ranted as I climbed out of the fountain and pulled my phone from my pocket. "Why would you do that?" I asked him as I watched him crawl out of the fountain after me.
"Because I didn't expect you to try and drown me afterwards," Taylor replied, checking his own phone. I pressed the home button on my phone and it lit up for two moments before it flashed to black. Fuck.
"I hope you're happy, because it's now screwed," I growled and looked up when I registered the laughing in the background. Kathy, Jake, Robbo and Tom were a little way up the path, if they weren't clutching their sides as they barked out laughter, they were wiping tears or literally on their knees.
"You were the one that pushed us in," Taylor countered, coolly.
"You were the one that held onto me, like a jack ass," I bit back at him.
"I was just meant to let you push we in there?" He demanded.
"Yes!"
"Well, I am fucking sorry I have instincts!" Taylor replied.
"You should be sorrier that you even touched me. How dare you," I poked him chest and he grabbed my hand and held me in front of me with it.
"I will never be sorry because I am the only one that gets to touch you, and if I have to be pushed into a fountain, to make sure that asshole up there knows where you belong, I'll fucking do it as many times as I need to," Taylor growled, sounding dangerously.
"This is because you think Robbo asked me on a date?" I hissed at him.
"Well, didn't he?"
"You are such a fucking Neanderthal," I yelled at him, harshly pulling my hand from his. "You broke up with me, asshole," I reminded him. "You don't get to just fucking kiss me whenever you want, when you think someone might want to start playing with the toy you threw away."
"What if I was wrong?" He asked me, grabbing my hand again, as I got ready to poke him again.
"It's too late, Taylor," I glared at him.
"You won't date him," He told him and I wanted to push him back into the fountain.
"You won't tell me what I do and don't do, you arrogant son of a bitch."
"You kissed me back, you still want me," He told me.
"Stop telling me what I'm going to do, and what I want," I yelled, realizing just how loud I'd said it only after I had said it and I saw the surprise on his face. "I don't want you, Taylor. You made sure of that this entire week. I hope you rot in hell with all the sluts you've fucked this week, the moment I wasn't around," I bit at him in a growl. I turned on my heel and walked away, when he tried to keep up and grabbed my shoulder, so I'd turn around and face him again I stopped and glared at him. "Don't fucking follow me, you stay right fucking here," I snarled at him and his face dropped into surprise again.

Storming off, I left him there to deal with everyone with the only thing on my mind being a hot shower.