Call Me Shakespeare, Baby

Thank you kindly for the banner. I really appreciate the hard work and time you spend devoted to my humble little piece of trashy romance. *kisses*

-----------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-One
-Call Me Shakespeare, Baby-

I walked onto the basketball court and Robbo looked me up and down.
"You playing?" He grunted at me and I shook my head. "Damn it," He muttered under his breath and continued walking towards the court.
"That's so unfair," Jessica sighed next to me. "None of us girls get asked to play."
"None of us girls pretended to be a dude for two weeks either," Kathy laughed.
"Well I think it is pure sexism," Jess huffed and I laughed with Kathy.
"I still got my wig if you want to infiltrate enemy basketball lines," I offered and she studied my face, seemly scrutinizing me before a determined glint set in her eyes.
"They don't own this court. I have rights," She huffed before jumping to her feet and marching over to Robbo. I had started a revolution. My bad.
"What have you done?" Kathy stage whispered sounding horrified.
"I have no idea, but Robbo isn't going to be happy," I laughed watching the scene set itself up. Jess bounded up to Robbo and his group of sexist basketball players and tapped him on the shoulder. Spinning around Robbo gave Jess an unsure smile, silently questioning.
"If Lucy gets to play basketball, I want to play basketball," Jessica crossed her arms and glared at Robbo.
"Lucy isn't playing basketball," Robbo glared back at her immediately on the defense.
"She does when she wants too, you even fight with Taylor about whose team she'll be on," Jess countered, girls started crowding around Jess, nodding their agreement.
"Well," Robbo started and looked around the group for male support. Taylor shrugged, Jake suddenly seemed very interested in his shoes, Darko was grinning at Robbo like a jerk waiting to see what he would do. No one had anything. "Fine! Do what you want." He threw his hands up and started walking away from her. I chewed my lip and tried to look as sorry as I could as he stormed past me, glaring a hole through my head. But after all the chaos, it turns out she didn't even want to play basketball.
"Why aren't you up there claiming your womanly right to the court?" I asked, while laughing when she came to sit next to me again straight after her confrontation with Robbo.
"I don't actually want to play," Jessica shook her head, looking at me like I was crazy.
"Then why did you demand to play?" Kathy asked with wide eyes.
"'Cause I want to be able to play, if I feel like playing," Jess shrugged one shoulder and Kathy and I shared an amused look.
"Which is how often?" I asked slowly and she shrugged again.
"Probably never, but it felt good, you know?" She asked and I laughed out rightly.
"Yeah, okay."

"Did you put her up to that?" Taylor laughed when he was done playing.
"Not even, Jess just had this massive feminism moment," I laughed. "Nothing to do with me."
"Well, tell her to keep doing it because Robbo was dirty after it and couldn't play for shit."
"So I should have put her up to it?" I asked while laughing and Taylor shrugged with a smirk.
"Worked out well for me," He confirmed before taking a bite out of his apple.
"So glad it helped you, I'll try and find smoke bombs for next time to really distract him." I rolled my eyes and Taylor laughed.
"Best. Girlfriend. Ever," He grinned around his apple. "You ready?" He asked me and I could only muster a confused look.
"For what? And you answer 'The Gun Show' and flex your arms, I'm breaking up with you," I threatened his grinning handsome face.
"No gun show, although these babies are ready for inspection whenever you are, buttercup," He murmured, inspecting his arms for a moment before giving me a cheeky grin. "I have a surprise for you."
"Surprise?" I asked cautiously, and he nodded.

Taylor led me from the basketball courts and back to his room. He had me wait outside while he went and grabbed something and returned with a dubious looking gym bag.
"You're going to murder me and shove my lifeless body into that bag and throw me in the river now aren't you?" I asked, eyeing the nondescript bag he held.
"Damn it, Lucy," Taylor sighed, running his hands through his light hair. "Way to ruin everything. I wanted it to be special," He whined and I couldn't help but grin.
"Not ruining anything, I'll play along. As long as I'm aware," I laughed and he's smirked at me. "Any chances I can ring mum and dad and let them know to stop paying my uni fees?" I asked and he shook his head.
"Not one. Take your last look around campus, you're all mine now," he told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me forward.