Warp Speed Relationship

Chapter Three
-Warp Speed Relationship-

As we stepped out of the building, Taylor offered me his hand with an amused smile. I gave him a coy glance as I slipped my hand into his and we started walking.

"You know what?" He mused as we strolled along the path, "I like this already." I rolled my eyes at him.

"You like it so far," I corrected him. "Wait until you have to choose between getting laid Saturday night and snuggling on the couch." Kathy laughed at the frown that came on Taylors face.

"I'd never leave you to snuggle with someone else, I'd definitely choose having sex with you," He grinned, making me shove him away from me. He came back and wrapped his arm around my neck, making us side hug as we walked.

"Yeah, yeah. It's all just one big novelty now," I rolled my eyes at him. "It'll wear off."

"Yeah, yeah," He mocked me. "Whatever you think, Tensy," He teased as we got to the café. Kathy walked in front of us towards a table in the outside section and then stopped to a grinding halt, making Taylor stop in front of me and me run into the back of him as he led me.

"Let's not sit outside," she said quickly.

"Yeah, agreed," Taylor murmured, tightly. I turned and walked back through our path, unsure of the problem until we were seated inside and I saw Jake and Milly sitting outside next to the only empty table out there.

"Thanks guys," I murmured as I turned my back to the scene unfolding out there. He laughed happily as she grinned excitedly, not a care in the world or respect for anyone else that was strung along in their worlds.

"Just as much for me as it was for you," Taylor grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I let him keep his hand clasped with mine as we looked over the menu. I already knew exactly what I wanted, but used the menu as an excuse to be distracted, because Taylor rubbing his thumb along mine was making me feel awkward again. He seemed to be able to slip into the role without an issue, going from zero to a hundred within the blink of an eye. That was typical Taylor though, shouldn't expect anything less. He wanted to have fun and even though what he doing wasn't all that entertaining, he would make sure it was by seeing the best in the situation. I wasn't sure why he wanted me to help him with the assignment. Kathy would have been a better option; they had already been intimate and had been attracted to each other. I was sweating over another guy and he wanted me to hang off him and pretend to have feelings for him. I wasn't sure there was logic in that.

"You okay?" He leaned towards me, speaking quietly. I nodded my head, glancing at him.

"As long as they stay there and we stay here." I tried to give him a small smile.

"She's got nothing on you," He murmured, his hand reaching up to tuck the hair on my face behind my ear.

"I wish I could believe you," I winced as I heard Jakes familiar loud laugh through the window.

"Me too," He grinned, amused by my answer. I gave him a 'yeah, right. Whatever' look that he gave right back to me that made me laugh. "That's better, I don't like my girls miserable. If you're going to be my girlfriend, I won't allow you to frown," He teased.

"I'm not your girlfriend," I reminded him.

"That's not what everyone else thinks," Kathy cut in, looking just past me, highly amused. "Y'all busted by the heartbreaker and his cheater." I wanted to turn around so bad, but my pride wouldn't let me. Taylor made me laugh again, by adding to our little show by nuzzling into my neck.

"Kiss me," He demanded, grinning at me. "Let's twist the knife of regret right into him." His eyes blazed and I realised just how much those two out there had upset Taylor too. Milly had ruined a good friendship and Jake had encouraged it by choosing Milly over Taylor and then over me too.