Besties Before Testes

Handy hint from your friendly author: Don't start doing yoga... it's a trap, i'm so sore :(

Chapter Eleven
-Besties Before Testes-

Taylor was gone the next morning when I woke up. I vaguely remembered him moving out from under me at God knows what time and leaving me to bask in the warm spot his comfortable body had left on my sheets. I don't remember Kathy coming in though, but the smirk she gave me when I awoke told me she had come in before Taylor had left.

Kathy was in her bed and checking her phone when I finally made myself wake up fully. I tucked the blankets under my chin and gave her a small smile. She glanced up at me for only a moment to confirm that I was awake and looked back to her phone.

"So, Taylor slept over?" She asked with a smirk on her face and her eyes not moving from her phone.

"Not like that," I replied with a sleepy raspy voice, rolling my eyes. "Jake was being a jerk and we came back here to get away from him."

"Sure, sure," She rolled her eyes back at me. "That half bottle of alcohol just helped take the edge off the Jake issue, huh?" She asked, sounding as sarcastic as she looked at that moment. I glanced up at the bedside table and sure enough, we had drunken a little under half the bottle. I wondered if I could car pool with Taylor's mum to the next AA meeting.

"Whatever," I glared at her for good measure. "Not all of us just hang with guys to get their clothes off," I snapped at her and she sucked in a breath through her teeth.

"Me-ow, Lucy Walters. Kitty has claws," She laughed. "That might have hurt a little if I actually gave a shit," She informed me.

As I rolled out of bed, I picked up a bundled pair of her socks from her washing basket on the floor and threw it at her before I grabbed my toiletries and headed for the door. I laughed as it hit her on the head and she quickly threw them back at me, making me duck to miss it as I made it out the door.

I washed, towelled, dressed and made myself up, ready to face the day. Kathy having forgone the shower and was ready by the time I was ready, so we could leave for class together.

"Need to go get Taylor," I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"Need some privacy to not do anything again?" She asked with a smirk and I glared at her.

"It's not happening you sicko, concentrate on your footballer, and not my non-existent sex life," I growled at her, but the smirk didn't lessen any. If anything it grew as she kept looking at me with her knowing eyes that she thought knew everything. There was no way in hell I could tell her that I was beginning to like the impromptu make out sessions that came with my faux-lationship with Taylor. She'd bury me alive with that knowledge.

We entered Taylors building and as we came closer to Taylor's room, we could hear singing coming from inside it.

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-two," Taylor's deep voice sung out from inside the room and I glanced at Kathy who was giving me the same look back already. If her look meant what my look meant, this day was about to get amazing. "Everything will be alright if you keep me next you," He continued and our grins grew as we glanced between the closed door and ourselves. Taylor Cadley was singing Taylor Swift. This was perfect. I raised my hand to knock and Kathy grabbed my wrist just in time and silently shook her head at me.

Instead, she turned the knob on the door and just let it open wide. Taylor was bopping around his room with his head phones in his ears, completely oblivious and I had to cover my mouth to stop from loudly laughing. He was completely unaware of our presence. Kathy crossed her arms and leant on the door frame and we both watched the show. "It feels like one of those nights, we ditch the whole scene. It feels like one of those nights, we won't be sleeping!" He sung out, as he moved over to his bed and grabbed the can of deodorant off the bedside table. "It feels like one of those nights, you look like bad news," He sang while spraying himself, his hips and shoulders moving to the beat only he could hear. "I got to have you, I got have you!" He used the spray can as a makeshift microphone and that was it, I lost it. It had started as a silent shoulder shaking giggle and had become guffawing hilarity. Kathy whacked me in disappointment as Taylor jumped in fright and turned to find us staring at him. The blush that raced up his neck and over his face was incredible as he stared at us with wide eyes. He ducked his head quickly and wouldn't lift his eyes to meet us as he tossed his deodorant on the bed and pretty much dove into his wardrobe to fish out a pair of shoes.

"No," Kathy grinned. "Don't stop there. It was just getting good, Swifty," She teased and a stray shoe came flying in our direction from the cupboard. We both easily dodged it and shared amused glances.

"You could have knocked," Came the first not sung words from Taylor, from inside his wardrobe.

"But we would have missed the show," I replied, still laughing at him.

"Yeah, well. Go fuck yourselves," He snapped defensively.

"Don't be like that, t-swizzle," Kathy cooed, making me laugh again and Taylor came out from the protection of his wardrobe, shoes in hand, glaring at us like we'd killed someone he loved.

"Suck me," He growled. His face not as red as before, but a little pink still.

"I once tried too, I gave up after I couldn't find the thing," Kathy bite back, dryly. Taylor's eyes narrowed at her before he continued.

"And anyway," Taylor crossed his arms over his chest, looking extremely defensive. "Rule forty three, chick music is acceptable to gain insight and valuable knowledge regarding women," He told us quickly, still glaring at us.

"Oh, absolutely," I agreed, nodding. "Who are we-" I put my hand to my chest. "-To stop you from putting on your own concert, Miss Swift?" I asked. "We're not the multi-talented country music star, here." I grinned at him as he turned his glare solely to me.

"Can we just go to fucking class?" He demanded, grumpily and Kathy and I grinned at each other.

"We're waiting on you, talent show," I shrugged. He kicked us out of the room after that to finish getting ready and a moment later, he was out his door and still glaring at us.

"Not a word to anybody," He looked at us both menacingly. Kathy's face dropped and stared at him all wide eyed and innocent.

"So, I shouldn't have face-booked it?" She asked, holding up her phone, shaking it back and forth. The growl that came from the back of Taylor's throat was actually terrifying, before he lunged for Kathy and her phone. She tossed it at me and I barely caught it as Taylor more or less tackled her like a rugby player to the ground. She laughed in triumph as they sprawled out on the floor. "Run, Lucy!" She called out and Taylor's attention snapped up to me. I took off in a run with the phone in my hand as he jumped up and chased me. I got all of five doors down from Taylor's room when strong hands came around my waist and pulled me to a dead stop against the wall.

"Give me the phone," Taylor cooed in my ear and I shook my head. His hands held my wrists tightly where I clutched at the phone as hard as I could to my chest. "Come on, I thought we were cool. Give your boyfriend the phone, baby." He nuzzled into my neck and gently nipped at my skin. I giggled and wriggled against his hold, making Taylor hold me even closer. He pulled us away from the wall and waddled us down the hallway a little as I was enclosed in his secure, strong arms. "Lockie and I were tight; he would have given me the phone. Bros before hoes," He murmured into my ear from behind, his voice was deep and intimate, and it took me off guard a little. I turned my head to peer at him behind me and he was staring me down like I was edible prey. I shook my head again, but sighed when Taylor took my earlobe between his teeth. It sent an instant spark through me and I couldn't hold back a sigh from escaping as his hand slowly crawled up my arm to my hands. He wasn't playing fair, but suddenly the phone was out of my hands anyway. Before I could move in reaction, I watched Kathy run down the hall and out of sight, holding her phone triumphantly in the air. But, not before yelling in victory:

"Besties before testes, sucker!" I stared at where she disappeared to in amusement.

"The phone is probably down her pants by now," I murmured and he sighed.

"You're going to pay for this," He told me quietly, not having let me go yet.

"Bring it," I smirked at him and he smirked back.

"Don't you worry, Tensy. I will," He was grinning at me as he finally let me go and I turned to face him. It was a little unsettling. That smile had been used to promise me things before and I usually wound up in provocative situations when he came through with those promises. I started walking away anyway. Taylor caught up easily and took my hand in his. When I turned to glance at him he was giving me a smug smirk.

This promise definitely meant trouble.