66

Peter stepped out of his bedroom that morning, he was putting on his hoodie as he shut the door and noticed his dad in the kitchen

Peter stepped out of his bedroom that morning, he was putting on his hoodie as he shut the door and noticed his dad in the kitchen. Tony was up and about -- it wasn't odd at this point, Peter had noticed since Hiram came by that his dad was getting up more and more.

"Uh, morning." Peter says as he picks up his backpack.

Tony held his cup of coffee, "Morning kiddo," He says, "You're up early."

Peter nods, "Yeah, I wanted to swing by Betty's to check on her." He said.

Tony nods recalling, "Right, right. You mentioned something about a brother last night." Tony said.

Peter nods as he passes his dad to the fridge. Tony turns to see the boy go into the fridge and pull out the carton of milk.

"Yeah," Peter said, "I am just a bit worried is all."

Tony nods giving his son a small smile, "That's good."

Peter grabs a glass and pours the milk into it, while this was happening Tony looks at his son. He noticed the bruising forming under his son's eye. He had noticed the marking last night -- but Peter just said he was tired and went to bed.

"So where did that shiner come from?" Tony asks.

Peter doesn't answer, instead placed the milk into the fridge and then grabs the glass.

"A bully?" Tony asks, "One of those Serpent kids?"

Peter took a sip and says, "Dad, no. It wasn't any the Southside kids." He said

Tony eyes his son -- Peter takes another sip of the milk and then grabs a donut from a box that May had likely bought that morning.

"Peter, if you were involved in something bad you'd let me know?" Tony asks.

Peter glanced at his dad, "Dad, I'm not in a gang." He said and took a bite.

Tony looks at his son, "I'm not implying you are. I'm just concerned with the bruise." He said.

Peter finished chewing the donut, "It was something stupid that happened in P.E., dad." Peter lied, "I mean I'm not gifted in sports."

Tony shakes his head, "Nonsense, Peter. You can do anything you set your mind to."

Peter seemed a bit confused why his dad was acting like this. Usually his dad would take down about sports and P.E., claiming that he didn't need sports to get him where he was. Peter just assumed its because everything has changed -- and Tony just wants to be active in his son's life.

Peter had finished eating and finished his glass of milk -- he placed the glass in the sink after he rinsed it out. He began to grab his things to leave when he heard his dad.

"Have a good day at school, kiddo." Tony said.

Peter nods, " Yeah and you have a good day too, dad." Peter said and left.