16

It has been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body

It has been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town would suffer. The Twilight Drive-In, where many citizens had fond memories, a piece of town history, is closing for good. Just what the teens needed -- a place to escape, but now loosing it.

With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trails.

However, the girl next door -- Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

Betty frowns as she looked at her diary. The words of prior logs written in there, such as when she first admitted her feelings about Archie, and then when her heart was broken. However, now her pen froze uncertain what words to convey.

"Dear Diary,"  Betty mentally thought as she wrote, "Sheriff Keller doesn't know what I know, that Riverdale High's music teacher, Geraldine Grundy, was at Sweetwater River the morning Jason Blossom went missing, and that since Archie was also there, they could have been there together."

Betty frowns as she paused from writing more into the diary. She turns to look at her cell phone that was laying next to her side on her bed. She looked at her text messages -- nothing new. She had sent a few messages to Peter to see if he wanted to talk, but got nothing.

She then turns back to her diary and frowns.

"It's been a few days since Peter had overheard what he overheard,"  Betty mentally thought as she wrote, "I feel awful. I apologized to him and he accepted it but things feel even worst between us. Despite us trying to build a friendship, I don't know. I think I may had made things worst for us."

Betty heard her phone vibrate on her bed, a slight excitement lit up her expression -- thinking it was Peter. Only to see it was Veronica asking if Betty was coming to Pop's for milkshakes with Jughead and Kevin. Betty replied "of course", and then closed up her diary. She got up and placed the secret book in her secret hiding spot -- in her top drawer.

~RIVERDALE~

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale," Jughead said and then shakes his head, "No forget Riverdale, in the coffin to the American dream."

Jughead, Kevin, Betty, and Veronica were sitting in a booth together with milkshakes sitting on their table. Betty was lost in her own thoughts. Jughead was ranting about the shutdown of the drive-in as Kevin and Veronica listened to Jughead speak.

"As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say," Jughead was cut off.

Kevin shakes his head, "Please, god. No more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin said.

Jughead looks at Kevin, "What? I'm pissed." He frowns, "And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it."