30

As Betty had mentioned -- the party was suppose to be inner circle only

As Betty had mentioned -- the party was suppose to be inner circle only. Meaning Archie, Veronica, Betty, Kevin, and Jughead. But that wasn't the case.

Ethel was invited as well as Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin. Even Peter and Ned were there. Ned was making small talk with Ethel -- the two seemed to be smiling at having a nice conversation.

Joaquin and Kevin were being really close.

Meanwhile, Peter awkwardly looked around -- just waiting for Betty and Jughead to get here in order to just leave.

Archie came over, "Hey man." He said to Peter.

Peter looks at him, "Hi,"

"I know Jughead would be happy to see you here." He said.

Peter shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe."

Archie slung his arm around Peter's shoulders, "No, maybe. I mean it. Jug messed up when you and Betty were together and- well that's not what friends do." Archie said.

Peter nods, "I know- I just- I don't want things awkward." He said.

Archie shakes his head, "It won't be awkward." He grins, "Don't worry. Have a drink, loosen up."

Peter could smell the alcohol in Archie's breathe. He wasn't sure how many drinks the redhead already had.

"If it's a double feature," Ethel starts out saying, "Think I'd have time to pee?"

Kevin turns to her, "Just hold it." He says.

The door opens -- and then everyone shouts at the person.

"Surprise!"

Standing there was Veronica. She gave them a look before stepping in as she shut the door behind her.

"Do I look like Jughead?" She asks.

Kevin looks from his phone, "I just got a text from Betty," He says, "They're almost here."

Veronica had the expression like she was already done with this before the party had even started. Clearly there was some stuff going on with her.

"You've met Joaquin, right?" Kevin asks Veronica.

Veronica shakes her head, "I haven't had the pleasure." She turns to Archie, "I thought it was inner-circle only tonight?"

"Joaquin's my boyfriend, and that makes him inner-circle." Kevin said basically all over Joaquin.

Veronica nods, "Uh-huh, well, I just came from the most insane meeting with my dad's lawyer. Between his upcoming hearing and his potential involvement in Jason's murder, not to mention my mom's, I'm in a foul mood."

Peter looks at her, "Sorry, Veronica."

Her gaze meets Peter -- it seemed to Peter, that Veronica was actually shocked that Peter had arrived at the party.