32

"Hey, kid

"Hey, kid." Tony called out to his son.

This morning, Peter was quickly grabbing breakfast before heading to school. The teen looked up at his dad.

"Hey," Peter said.

Tony has smile on his face, "So tomorrow night we'll head to the bus station to pick up your mother." He said.

Peter had a smalls smile on his face, "Really?"

Tony nods, "Really."

Peter kept the smile and slugged his backpack over his shoulders. He began to exit the kitchen and head toward the door -- his dad following him.

"So you going to the dance tonight?" Tony asks.

Peter halted and turned around, "Yeah. Since Liz and Flash are together, Ned and I decided to group up with Michelle. I think Cheryl is bringing Betty's sister with."

Tony nods, "I see." He says, "Just remember, kid. Cheryl and the Blossoms may be good friends with you and myself, but they always want something so be careful."

Peter looks at his dad a bit confused, "Dad?"

"You'll understand when you're old, now go to school before you're late." Tony motioned for him to leave.

Peter nods and heads out the building.

Tony shut the door behind and sighs heavily. He leans his head forward and then looks at the stack of bills on the table. Some of the envelopes has the words NOTICE in big red letters. Letters from the IRS and the banks.

Tony reached to grab his whiskey, poured a glass and swallowed it down.

~RIVERDALE~

At school, Archie sees Veronica. He hadn't had the chance to speak with her after the party. So he quickly ran over to catch up with her.

"Ronnie, wait up." He said.

This gets the brunette to slow down enough for the redhead to catch up. He had a smile on his face, but she didn't seem to have one.

"Hey, I just wanted to explain why I didn't call you after the party. My mom showed up out of nowhere." He said.

"It's fine," She starts, "You don't owe me an explanation."

Then Veronica started to walk down the hallway again -- but Archie stopped her yet again.

"Wait, Veronica, are we seriously not gonna talk about what happened between us?" He asks.

"Archie, we had a moment. A beautiful, but fleeting moment." Veronica said.

"We spent the night," Archie said looking at her.

"We crashed in separate beds." Veronica clarified.

"I don't regret anything we said, Veronica, or did." He said looking at her.