22

"Betty," Alice spoke, "Hurry now, you're breakfast is gonna get cold

"Betty," Alice spoke, "Hurry now, you're breakfast is gonna get cold."

After Alice said that, in came her daughter but also Peter. The boy looked awkward as he stepped into the room with Betty.

"Oh sorry, mom. I forgot to mentioned I invited Peter to breakfast." Betty said.

Peter then speaks up, "I hope it isn't trouble?"

Alice smiles, "Nonsense!"

Alice motioned for the teens to take a seat at the table. In front of them was the plates that Alice filled with eggs, bacon, toast, etc. Peter was handed a glass of orange juice, to which he thanked Alice.

"So, Peter." Alice starts, "I heard a rumor that your father is planning on staying in Riverdale for a while."

"Mom," Betty turns to her mom.

"I'm just making conversation, Betty." Her mom said.

Peter swallowed his juice and then spoke up, "Um- it's fine, Betty. But uh- you're correct, Mrs Cooper. My dad is just taking some time away from his business to spend time with my mom and I."

Alice nods, "That's wonderful. I'm happy that Tony has decided to put family above his company."

Betty turns to her mom again, "Mom."

Peter glanced at Betty, "It's fine," He said, "Uh- where is the bathroom?"

Betty went to stand, "I'll show-,"

"You sit and eat," Alice said, "I'll show the boy."

Alice then motioned Peter out of the room. Betty huffed out a breath of frustration with her mom's behavior.

~RIVERDALE~

By the time it reached lunch time, Betty and Peter saw their own group of friends at different tables.

"Uh- I kind of promised Ned I'd sit with him today." Peter said rubbing the back of his neck, "And also promised to help Flash with reviewing for his test-."

Betty kisses him on his cheek, "Go. Sit with your friends." She smiles, "It's fine."

Peter smiles and kissed her on the cheek, "Thanks." He says.

Then Peter walked off, Betty watched as Ned stood up from his seat. The two boys did a handshake, the then laughed. As Peter sat down, he poked Flash on the top of his head. Flash had his face buried in a text book.

Meanwhile, Betty walked over to her table which had Kevin, Archie, Veronica, and Jughead. Veronica glanced up first noticing Peter was not there.

"Where is Peter?" Veronica asks.

Betty points to the table, "Helping Flash study," She says with a smile and sat down, "So, Archie, how did auditions go?"

Archie rubbed the back of his neck, "Well they didn't go as planned." He said.