33

Homecoming

Homecoming. It is an ionic moment of high school students. Being the crowned queen and king for those elite popular cliques --- mainly Cheryl, meant the world to them.

As for others it was a fresh start. Betty to build a better relationship -- a one with trust and she didn't want to ruin it. As for Peter, it was about doing something for him.

As Peter, Ned, and Michelle ran up to the school building after being dropped off by Ned's mom -- in order to avoid the rain. Peter caught glimpse of Jughead's dad's truck pulling up with Betty and Jughead inside.

Michelle -- who was wearing a loose blue knee high dress with her converse, grabbed Peter by the arm.

"Come on, Pete." She smiles, "Let's have some fun."

Peter nods with a small smile and turns his gaze away from the truck.

~RIVERDALE~

After FP pulled out he turns to his son and had a smile on his face as he offers the umbrella to her.

"You be a gentlemen tonight, okay?" He says to his son.

Betty smiles, "He's always is, Mr Jones." She said and looks at Jughead.

Jughead turns to his girlfriend, "Betty, would you mind giving us just a minute?"

Betty nods, "No, of course. Take you time." She says.

Betty climbs out with the umbrella in hands. As she heads out and up the steps -- she caught a glimpse of Peter.

Meanwhile back in the truck, Jughead turns his attention to his dad -- FP had a bit of a confused look on his face.

"What's up?" FP asks.

Jughead looks at his dad, "Look, I've been thinking. I mean, if it's alright with you- I could come back home." He said.

FP smiles, "I'll do you one better. It's time the whole family gets back together." He said, "Us. Your mom. Jellybean. They've got a sweet set-up in Toledo, there's decent work there-,"

"In Toledo?" Jughead's face dropped, "Well- why not Riverdale?"

"Cause of dinners like we just had. And what you're writing about in your book. And hell, you know what happens to people like us in Riverdale, Jug. We get chewed up."

Jughead looks from his dad and slowly moved his gaze -- he felt his dad place a firm grasp on his shoulder. Then, Jughead's eyes reached his beautiful girlfriend.

~RIVERDALE~

Inside, Peter was having so much fun. He, Ned, and Michelle were dancing around like idiots but not caring. They even met up with Liz and Flash.

Liz pulled out her phone -- of course, and began to take selfies with the group. Michelle protested at first, that was until Peter pulled her in.

Archie and Veronica entered the gym -- noticing the clique for a split second before noticing Betty and Jughead had arrived.