13

Betty was in her room the following night

Betty was in her room the following night. She was putting on lipstick -- red, which is unlike he usual pink glow.

"Seduce Scarlet doesn't suit you, dear." Alice spoke by Betty's door way.

Betty looks at her mom through the mirror, "It's Polly's. I'm borrowing it." She said.

Alice stepped into the room. She stood behind her daughter, looking at her in the mirror.

"Polly grew up too fast. I don't want you to make the same mistake." Alice said.

Alice reached over for a makeup remover wipe.

"Well, I like it. It makes me feel- powerful." Betty said.

But then Alice removed the lipstick from her daughter's mouth. Alice seemed to like Betty a lot better without the red lipstick.

"You coming with us to the Mayor's shindig?" Alice asks.

Betty shakes her head, "No. I'm going to to Veronica's to study for a test." She said.

Alice frowns, "I don't want you associating with a girl like that." Alice said.

"A bad girl, you mean? Get use to it, mom." Betty said, "She's my friend."

Alice reached over and grabbed a lipstick -- pink, to hand to her daughter. Both of them only making eye contact through the mirror.

"Here," Alice said, "Pink Perfection. It's more you."

And with that said Alice left Betty alone sitting in front of her vanity. Betty still had the lipstick in her hands and just looked at her reflection.

~RIVERDALE~

Betty entered Pop's Diner, she saw some people in there but one person that she was after was sitting alone at a booth. She was wearing a green tight skirt, a blue crop top, and the red lipstick -- the one her mom was so against.

Betty walked over, "Hey, Chuck." She says, "Can I sit?"

He looks at her, "Not if you wanna discuss Veronica."

She sits down, "Only insofar as, I've been thinking lately, how I wanna be more- like her." She said.

Chuck eyes her, "You wanna be a bad girl?" He asks.

Betty smiles, "Maybe." She said.

"Like your sister, Polly, was?" Chuck asks.

Betty looked at him more confused when he said that.

"Oh yeah, Jason told us all about Polly. You know prissy prude by day, freak in the sheets by night. Bad girls have more fun, right?" Chuck said.

Betty rested her arms on the table, "Maybe you can show me." She said.

Chuck smiles, "Yes. Yes, I- I can do that." He said, "Um- when?"

"Tonight," She said.

"Uh- your place or mine?" Chuck asks.