46

Veronica opened the door to Betty and Jughead -- everyone minus Kevin and Peter had arrived at the Lodge home

Veronica opened the door to Betty and Jughead -- everyone minus Kevin and Peter had arrived at the Lodge home. Kevin had texted Veronica telling her that he unfortunately cannot make it. Veronica was a little disappointed but was certain that Peter might show up soon.

Archie sitting on the couch -- in front of the TV as they see Betty and Jughead come in with Veronica.

Conversation smoothly went to the man in hood that Archie has become obsessed with. And who could blame him -- the man shot his own father.

"Moose and Midge had described him," Archie said, "The same guy who shot my dad- same hood and same eyes."

"We don't know for sure, Archie." Jughead said looking at his friend.

"I tried to convince my dad to buy a gun." Archie said.

Betty looked shocked, "A gun!" She looks directly at Archie.

Archie looks at Betty, "I want us to be armed," He said, "Just in case."

Veronica sits down next him, "Archie?"

"I'm sorry," He ran his hand over his face, "I'm sorry. This thing- honestly, its been a lot."

"We don't expect you to be fine." Betty said.

"It's just my dad keeps saying, "leave it to Sheriff Keller" and I'm like "yeah cause he did a great job catching Jason's murderer". Oh wait, I'm sorry." Archie was upset, "That was us."

Veronica reached over, "Inside voices, please." She says.

Jughead reached over to grab the popcorn that was made and sitting next to the angry redhead. He held onto the bowl and began to eat.

Jughead shakes his head, "No, don't stop him. Archie is going Travis Bickle is my favorite Archie yet." He says.

Betty gives Jughead a look -- but that doesn't stop Archie. Archie leans forward, putting his head in his hands.

"Doesn't it feel like he's targeting us? I mean, specifically?" Archie asks, "I don't want anyone else getting hurt."

Veronica looks from the couple to Archie, "You know back in the salad days, when we had a getaway on the Cape, all of us got together and hired private security to keep out the riffraff as an added layer of protection." She said.

"I loved that little house," Hiram spoke.

Entering the room was Hiram Lodge, and behind him was Peter.

"Daddy," Veronica said.

"I found this one at the door before we were going to dinner at the club." Hiram said gesturing to Peter.

Peter waves, "Hi."

Veronica smiles at him.

"Anyways, I wanted to meet your friends first." Hiram said.