20

Peter was sitting on the football bleachers with Ned

Peter was sitting on the football bleachers with Ned. The two had been sitting out there for a while, Ned left his class to sit with Peter whereas Peter had a free period. 

Word had spread about Ms Grundy's departure. Some rumors had begun to spread, such as Ms Grundy having to leave because her mother was sick and others were saying that she was the actual murderer of Jason Blossom. However none of those rumors could be proven -- and its a small town so people talked.

"How are things with you and Betty?" Ned asks.

Peter looks at him, "Everything is good."

Ned nods, "Cool."

Peter nods as he looks at the football field, "I was gonna take her out on a normal date- but well she had to gather information for the paper."

Ned glanced at Peter, "Really?"

Peter nods and then exhales, "I did tell her I didn't want to rush things, Ned. Maybe she thinks we need to take things slow."

"Is that what you want?" Ned asks.

Peter looks at his friend, "I just want her happy."

Ned glanced over seeing Archie Andrews sitting down on the bleachers as well. Archie noticed the two guys and walked over to them.

"Can I uh- sit here?" Archie asks.

Ned nods, "Free country, dude."

Archie sat down. Peter could feel the awkward tension between them. Ned looks at the time on his phone.

"Okay, I need to head back. Because I have been gone longer than a bathroom pass can excuse me from." Ned said.

Peter nods, "Have fun in English."

Ned stands up, "I won't." He grins.

Ned heads off back in the direction of the building. That left Peter and Archie alone on the bleachers. Peter considered pulling out his headphone and grabbing his camera to walk away from Archie, but he didn't want to seem rude.

"Look- Archie," Peter frowns, "Sorry I got angry at you about the Grundy situation."

Archie looks at the brunette, "I can't really be mad at you, Peter. You were just being a friend." He says.

Peter fumbles with his hands, a bit awkward and even tense between the two boys. This isn't how they use to be, no they were close. Archie and Peter were so close they considered themselves to be brothers from another mother. Hell, when they were five they told everyone that they were brothers and their real parents just left them with the Andrews or the Lockharts.

Peter just nods and grabs his camera.

"Things use to be so simple," Archie mutters, "When did it all change?"

"July 4th," Peter frowns.

~RIVERDALE~

Archie, Betty, Kevin, Jughead, and Veronica were sitting on the bleachers during lunch. Archie just wanted to be away from people. Peter would've been there but he wanted to work on his robotics project.