06

Betty had knocked on Archie's door

Betty had knocked on Archie's door. And Archie opened the door, a bit shocked regarding how she was ignoring all night at his attempts to text her.

"Walk me to school?" She asks with a soft smile.

They were both in the process of walking to school together. They walked on the sidewalk of a not so busy road.

"I needed time to process," Betty starts, "To separate what my mom wants from what I want- I think I want."

Archie looks at her, "Which is?"

Betty frowns, "My mom says I should never speak to you again. But I- even though you don't like me like that, I still want us to be friends, best friends." Betty said.

Archie seemed a bit relieved, "You do?"

Betty nods, "Yeah." She says.

"I mean, that's great, Betty. Me too." Archie says.

Betty looks forward, "I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt." She says.

Archie looks at her seriously, "And I am so sorry for hurting you, Betty."

Betty looks at him, "I know you are." She says.

There was silence as they walked. Betty noticed a little ahead there was Peter. He was filthy rich -- and yet he never get driven to school because he never wanted that. He always wanted to be seen as an equal to the other students.

"Archie," Betty motions to Peter, "We should say something."

Archie glanced over at Peter. He was listening to music -- and chances are Archie knew what Peter was listening to. Some out dated music genre or some band that had one good album. That was what he and Jughead had in common, being interested in things that most people found odd.

"Yeah." Archie said.

The two caught up to Peter, and Archie tapped Peter's shoulder. Making the teenager jump slightly and pull out the earbud. Slightly confused to see Betty and Archie walking next to him now.

"Uh- hi," Peter says as his gaze moved elsewhere.

"Hey, Pete." Archie said rubbing the back of his neck, "Still listening to outdated music?"

Peter looks from Archie to his phone, he paused his music and just had his earbuds cord hang around his neck.

"Yeah." He says looking away.

Betty looks at Peter, "We owe you some kind of explanation- and apology." She says.

Peter looks at Betty but says nothing.

Archie nods, "Look man, I know we just dropped the ball on you. Just stopped hanging out with no explanation and I'm sorry for that." He says.

Peter, Archie, and Betty continued to walk in the direction of school -- part of Betty made her think of the old days, just missing Jughead and the old group would've been complete.