61

At the Lodge household, Veronica and Peter were setting up decorations

At the Lodge household, Veronica and Peter were setting up decorations. Hermione had entered in the den from the kitchen holding drinks for both teens.

"Peter, I really appreciate you coming over to help us out." Hermione said.

The Lodge's usually get a tree, so Hiram and Peter had gone out into the woods to cut down the tree. It was something new for Peter, Hiram had mentioned to Peter that he hadn't cut down a Christmas tree in years.

Peter turns, "Oh it's fine." He smiles, "I don't mind."

Hermione placed down the two glasses on the coffee table near the teens, and then she left the room. Hermione was sitting on the floor near a box of lights.

"Everything okay?" Peter asks looking at her.

Veronica shrugs, "Yeah, it's just- getting into the mood of the holidays after what happened with Archie-."

Peter looks at her, "If it makes you feel better, we're both single for Christmas." He gives her a smile.

Veronica looks at her and shakes her head smiling, "You're a dork."

Peter kept the grin on his face as he grabbed the lights from Veronica to untangle them. Veronica got up and grabbed one of the glasses -- it was lemonade in it. Veronica took a sip and turns to Peter.

"So you meeting up with Tony for Christmas?" She asks.

Peter shrugs, "At some point," He said, "It's what he said last time we talked."

Veronica nods, "Things still tense between your parents?"

Peter sighs as he held the lights a certain way, "They keep going at it like rabbits but refuse to talk about how they feel." He said.

Veronica makes a face, "Okay, TMI." She said.

"I just feel like the adult in the situation," He said and then hands the lights to Veronica.

He had managed to untangle the lights and now the two began to wrap the lights around the tree. Just then the door bell rings, Veronica perked up.

"Must be Betty," Veronica said.

Peter nods, "I'll finish, you get it." He said.

Veronica heads off to the door and then Peter finished wrapping the lights around. He plugged it in, revealing all the lights work.

From the other room he hears Betty's voice -- and it was getting closer.

"Just remember, Vee, Kevin's Secret Santa is strictly a twenty dollar limit." Betty said.

Just then Betty noticed the gifts under the tree -- and then noticed Peter. He took a sip of his drink and then waved at Betty.

"Hi, Peter." Betty said.