42

Jughead had stepped out to make a phone call -- it was at that moment that Archie walked back over to his group of friends

Jughead had stepped out to make a phone call -- it was at that moment that Archie walked back over to his group of friends. However, within a few moments, a doctor arrived.

"Archie Andrews?" The doctor asks.

Archie, who was holding onto Veronica's hand, stood up.

"I'm Steven Masters, I'm your father's doctor." He says.

"How is he?" Archie asks.

"Well, we got the bullet out. And we've stopped the internal bleeding, but what's most worrisome is, he's not breathing on his own yet." Doctor Masters says.

"I- I need to see him," Archie said.

The doctor nods, "And you will. As soon as we've got him set in a room, you'll be able to sit with him. Should be an hour or two at the most." He said.

"And until then, what am I supposed to do, nothing?" Archie asks.

"Maybe- Maybe you should go home and get changed." Veronica said.

"No, I'm not leaving." Archie protested.

Peter looks at Archie, "Archie, dude. Veronica's right." He says.

Betty nods, "You need a shower and a change of clothes," She says, "You and Veronica can go and we'll wait here for you."

Peter nods, "We'll hold the fort down here." He said.

Archie felt a touch from Veronica, "Come on," She says.

~RIVERDALE~

May had went home, telling Peter she had some work to get done. However, that didn't seem to be a problem -- some of the Bulldogs arrived at the hospital in support for Fred Andrews, Flash and Liz were there. Seeing as since Flash is on the team.

Liz brushed some of her hair behind her ear, "How does this happen?" She asks, "This isn't suppose to happen here."

Flash held onto his girlfriend for support.

Peter frowns standing near them, "Guess nowhere is safe anymore." He said.

Liz frowns shaking her head, "I don't want to believe that." She said.

Flash held onto Liz as she sobbed a bit -- she was a bit overly emotional, since Fred getting shot was just merely days after the town found out about Clifford Blossom murdering his own son. So everyone who was close to the Blossom family felt a sudden change.

Kevin was sitting by Betty -- she was a bit far away from the group. Jughead had returned, and surprisingly Michelle had arrived too.

Betty watched Michelle and Peter embrace, they smile at each other before Liz got up to hug Michelle. It was weird, how something like can not only effect the family but an entire community.