45

The next morning at the Lodge home, it seemed like any normal family

The next morning at the Lodge home, it seemed like any normal family. Hiram was sitting at the desk in his study. And then Veronica noticed her mom coming over with a cup of coffee.

"Oh, I can take that in to daddy." Veronica said, "I wanna ask him something, anyway."

Hermione looks at her daughter, "Your father and I have business to discuss." She starts, "You know the rules about his study."

Veronica brushes it off, "Mom, those were the old rules."

Hermione shakes her head, "Which still apply, Veronica." She said.

Just then Hiram -- unknown to the two girls, had gotten up from his desk to leave his study. He steps out to see his daughter and wife there.

"I thought I heard my two palomitas out here chirping. Is that my café con leche?" Hiram takes the cup from Hermione, "Thank you, corazón." 

Veronica turns to her father, "Tonight's the season premiere of The Matchlerette. I would love to have my friend over to watch." She said.

Hiram looks at his daughter, "Who exactly are these friends?"

"Inner circle only," Veronica said.

Hiram took a sip of his drink. He kept his eyes on his daughter during this.

"You can watch with us. They're dying to meet you." Veronica said.

"Of course they're welcome to come over, mija." He said.

"Thank you, daddy." Veronica said and kissed her dad on the cheek.

Hermione turns to her daughter, "You better head off now," Hermione said, "Or Peter might leave without you."

Veronica nods and grabs her things -- once she left, the two older Lodge's went into the study. Hiram placed his drink on the desk and looked at his wife.

"I know you're letting May stay in the Pembrooke for free with her son," Hiram said.

Hermione went to say something, but Hiram led his hand up.

"I understand, Hermione. You two were good friends back in the day." Hiram said and then picked up his cup to take a sip from it, "Besides, that Peter seems to be an excellence young man."

Hermione nods, "You heard how much May spoke highly of him." She said.

Hiram sits down in his seat, "Yes. Quite a genius, like his father."

There was a moment of silence between them before anyone spoke.

"Alright," Hiram said, "Time for business."

~RIVERDALE~

"You're more than welcomed to come over and watch the Matchlerette at my house tonight," Veronica said to Peter.