73

Peter had just gotten out of the shower, he had stepped out of the bathroom in his apartment to see a notification on his phone -- a text from Betty

Peter had just gotten out of the shower, he had stepped out of the bathroom in his apartment to see a notification on his phone -- a text from Betty. A basic, good morning text. It put a smile on the brunette's face as he stepped into the kitchen.

There in the kitchen was May. She was drinking coffee and noticed her son entering the kitchen, she then placed her mug down.

"Peter, I was meaning to ask you where you were out late last night?" May asks.

Peter closed the fridge door, "Sorry something came up at Betty's," He says not fully lying, "She needed my help with something."

May nods, "Okay, and this something was-,"

Peter reopens the fridge, "Like some insight on a guy," Peter lied, "You know she's still adjusting to having a brother living with her."

The last part wasn't a complete lie. Peter knew after the recent situation that Betty was looking at Chic a bit differently -- and that didn't include the whole web cam situation.

May just nods, "Oh I see."

Peter pulled out some milk and placed it on the counter as he reached for a cup. May grabs her mug and put her back against the counter, looking at her son.

"Has your father tried reaching you?" May asks.

Peter looks at his mom, "No. He hasn't."

May nods, "Good, I told him not to. We need some time and space away to figure everything out." She said.

"Figure out what, mom?" Peter asks, "Dad and I have an argument and then he decides to slap his son across the face."

May placed the mug down and sighs, "Look, Peter. I'm not saying that I approve of his behavior, god knows the level of crap Howard has done to him in the past- but what I'm saying is we need healing." She says, "This year hasn't been our year."

Peter nods and frowns. As much as he is angry at his dad, for everything -- it was hurting his mom, and that was the one person he didn't want to hurt was his mom. Peter looks at his mom again.

"Mom, we'll figure it out." He tells her.

~RIVERDALE~

As Peter was heading out to head to school, he ran into Veronica and Archie -- the couple noticed the teen and greet him.

"Morning," Veronica says, "I hear you were out late. With Betty, I presume?"

Peter grins, "And what's this? Archie Andrews had stayed the night at the Pembrooke? Wow," He says.

Archie looks at Peter, "Hey man, Mr Lodge trusts me and he approves of me and Veronica." Archie said.

Peter gives a small smile, "Well I'm glad."

Just as the teens were about to head out -- Hiram had opened the door.

"Ah, I'm glad I caught you." Hiram says to the teens, "Mrs Lodge and I were headed up to the lake house this weekend, but it looks like we're going to cancel due to some business. So why don't you kids go instead."