77

Peter had stood outside the Pembrooke for a moment, feelings of anxiety was boiling inside of him

Peter had stood outside the Pembrooke for a moment, feelings of anxiety was boiling inside of him. He took in a deep breathe and remembered what he was doing, he was gonna lay low and just help Jughead and Michelle out.

When Peter walked inside, he saw Andre briefly before he bolted to the elevator. Peter wanted to get inside and avoid any and all conversations with anyone associating with the Lodge family.

The elevator door opens. Peter steps out and walks down the hallway, when he reaches his place he goes to open the door and finds the door locked.

His mom is out.

He pulls out his keys and unlocks the door.

"Peter,"

Peter turns. It was Veronica. She was leaning against the door frame into her family's apartment. A smile on the teen's face as she sees him.

"I was wondering where you were," Veronica stepped out and walked over, "I got off the phone with Archie and he has homework, so I was gonna bother you but you weren't here."

Peter gives a small smile, "Oh I uh- I was with Betty."

Veronica eyes him with a smile, "Ooh, I want the details." She says.

Peter turned the doorknob, "It wasn't like that. She just needed to vent about home stuff." He says.

He finds himself shocked that here he was just talking to Veronica like everything was normal, but he needed to fool her so she wouldn't know. He was under the impression that Veronica is involved. How would she not? She lives with Hiram and Hermione Lodge. She would have to know the illegal and shady stuff going on.

Veronica follows Peter inside the apartment. Peter made his way to the kitchen, and naturally he pulled out two cans of soda for him and her like usual. Whereas Veronica sat down on the couch.

"Is she okay?" Veronica asks.

Peter looks up, "Hm? Oh uh I think." He says, "You know how the Coopers are."

Veronica makes a face.

Peter walks over and hands Veronica a drink. Then he sits down next to her. Veronica opens the can and takes a sip, then glanced at Peter. He held the can in his hands, and haven't even opened it yet.

"You okay?" She asks with concern in her voice.

Peter glanced at her, "Uh- um yeah."

Veronica nudges him, "Liar." She says, "I know you well enough, Peter. And there is something bothering you."

Peter frowns and looks away. He had to think of something and fast. He couldn't allow Veronica to know.

"Um- uh you're right," Peter says, "Something is bothering me."

"What is it?" Veronica asks.

Peter glanced at her, "Uh- my dad. I am just considering going to see him," He says, "I- I mean we've both had time to cool off."