01

Welcome to Riverdale, the town with pep

Welcome to Riverdale, the town with pep. This average small town reflects like many small towns around the world, it was nothing special until that July 4th. It all changed when the Blossom twins decided to go out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride as usual. Both twins went out onto the water that day -- but only one was found, completely soaked and terrified.

Riverdale police went searching for Jason's body -- but nothing. Such news caused everyone and their mother to watch, gossip, and so on. However, a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident according to Cheryl's story.

Cheryl claims that she lost her glove and was trying to reach for it in the water, Jason decided to try to grab it -- which caused the boat to tip over and she had been swept under the water, unable to find her brother. Somehow managing a way to the shore. Alone and scared.

Not only was it a shame for the Blossom's to lose their son -- but also to the community. Jason was the star quarterback at the high school. Not just football, he was involved in the water polo.

The July 4th tragedy changed the town. Changed the town in more ways than one. No one expected what was going to happened when the school opened their doors on the first day of school.

~RIVERDALE~

At Pop's Diner the night before the new school year were five teens sitting in a booth. These teens were planning some activity.

"Guys," Ned spoke, "Should we be planning this event?"

Liz looks at him, "What do you mean?" She asks.

Ned rubs the back of his neck, "I don't know. It seems weird to be planning it with Jason's death and all." He said.

Flash shrugs his shoulders, "Look, Cheryl was one who said she was going to get the dance back on. So why is there any problem?"

Ned rubs the back of his neck, "I don't know- it just feels weird."

Peter glanced at his friend, "Planning a party when the town is still mourning Jason's death?"

Ned nods.

Michelle then speaks up, "Look, it's like Cheryl said this is a way for us to celebrate Jason and move on." She said.

Just then in came two other teenagers -- Betty Cooper and Archie Andrews. Peter glanced up at them but then turns away.

Flash's eyes met Peter's prior gaze, "Oh look its Betty Cooper and Archie Andrews." He rolls his eyes, "Losers."

Liz looks at Flash, "I heard Archie is going to be quarterback this year."

Flash shakes his head, "Not on my watch," He said, "I'm trying out this year and will get that position."

Michelle looks at Flash, "That is unless Reggie or someone else gets the spot." She said smirking at Flash.

Ned nudged Peter, "Dude, Betty got hot." He said.