39

Things seemed to have gone back to normal -- or so that's what everyone wanted to think

Things seemed to have gone back to normal -- or so that's what everyone wanted to think. The Cooper's revelation that Hal being related to the Blossom's, therefore meant Betty and Polly are related to them as well. Not to mention that Polly is pregnant with her cousin's children.

Things in Riverdale weren't going to go back to normal -- not after Clifford Blossom hung himself in his barn the night the video had been revealed.

As Peter was helping his mom place some boxes in their new apartment -- a knock on the door gained his attention.

He walked to the door and opened it -- revealing Veronica Lodge, with a big smile.

"Hello, neighbor." She says.

Peter smiles, "Hi, Veronica." He says.

Veronica steps inside the apartment without Peter even inviting her -- but to be fair, her mother owns the building so he wasn't going to question it.

"If you need help redecorating," Veronica began to say.

Peter nods, "I know where you live." He says with a small grin.

Veronica held a smile on her face, "Well, I came by to see if you wanted to walk to school together, neighbor?"

Peter awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "Uh- well, I wanted to help my mom out."

Then in came May -- she seemed to be over in some paint but had a smile on her face. She noticed Veronica.

"I thought I heard your voice, Veronica." May then looked at the time, "Peter, get your stuff. You'll be late for school."

Peter turns to his mom, "You sure? I can stay and help move in?"

She shakes her head, "Nonsense. I have help. Now go to school."

Peter nods and grabs for his backpack -- Veronica motions for him to head out, and he heads to the door. Veronica following behind, waving goodbye to May.

~RIVERDALE~

Arriving at school with Veronica was weird for Peter -- sure he has walked Betty to school before, heck even with Cheryl. However, this was odd. The two have barely talked -- even on the walk to school.

Betty and Archie were walking to school -- they were a bit behind Veronica and Peter, but neither seemed to noticed them.

"They're acting like the last week and the last few months didn't even happen," Betty was saying to Archie, "Polly's back home, my dad's back home, and my mom's back at The Register."

Archie and Betty stopped walking as Betty continued to vent.

"They're all just smiling and talking about the Jubilee." Betty said.

Archie shrugs, "That's good, right?" He asks.

"No. No. It's horrible. It's exactly the way things were before, pretending to be normal and perfect when really, we're like- like a Greek suburban tragedy." Betty said.