03

At the gymnasium of Riverdale High, Betty and Veronica arrived for cheer try-outs

At the gymnasium of Riverdale High, Betty and Veronica arrived for cheer try-outs. Liz and Michelle were sitting on the floor stretching, they had already performed their cheers. Cheryl sat in the middle in between two other cheerleaders.

"Riverdale is where it's at," The two cheered at the same time, "We bring the game! Cause we're all that! We play to win!"

Betty and Veronica do their movements as they do their cheer. Liz seemed impressed with Veronica, she did not disappoint -- and surprisingly Betty seemed to be good. Even better than last year.

"We won't back down! Cause we're the hottest game in town!" Veronica and Betty cheered as they did their motions.

Veronica and Betty were doing sharp cheer choreography as Cheryl was writing some things down at the table she was sitting behind with two other cheerleaders -- Nancy and Ginger. They were observing the two cheering.

"We're Blue and Gold! We're dynamite! The Dogs will bark! And then they'll bite! We'll take you down! And fight the fight!" Veronica and Betty cheered.

When Betty and Veronica ended in a high-note, the other girls seemed impressed but not Cheryl. She had a stone cold expression on her face.

Clearing her throat before saying, "I was hoping for something a bit-  racier." She said.

That's how Cheryl was gonna play it, and Betty was already feeling uncertain about even coming in. Veronica gave Cheryl a look before getting an idea.

"Well, you haven't seen our big finish yet," Veronica then whispered to Betty, "Don't freak out- trust me."

Then Veronica kisses Betty on the lips. The girls turn back to Cheryl, who stifles a yawn. Liz and Michelle were both quite shock to see that.

"Check your sell-by date, ladies." She said, "Faux lesbian kissing hasn't been taboo since Britney and Madonna did it- in 2003. So before you reenact Janet Jackson's "shocking" nip-slip of 2004, let's move on to the interview portion of our audition, m'kay?"

Veronica and Betty awkwardly stood there. They didn't watch an interview part when the other girls tried out, but then again most of the girls trying out had a spot last year -- so Cheryl knew them.

"To make sure you're of sound mind as well as body." Cheryl said, "How often do you talk to your father?"

Veronica shrugs, "Me? Oh- uh, once a week- on the weekends." Veronica said.

"And would you say you're on good terms?" Cheryl asks not changing her expression.

Veronica shrugs again, "All things considered, yes." She said.

Cheryl didn't even bat an eyelash, "Moving on. Betty, how's your sister doing?" She asks.

Betty seemed a bit shocked by the question, "Polly's- fine, thanks for asking." Betty said.

Cheryl turns to look at Veronica, "Veronica, has Betty told you about her sister yet? And my brother?" She asks.

Veronica shakes her head, "Uh no." She says.