58

Peter was at home hanging out with Ned

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Peter was at home hanging out with Ned. The two were playing video games -- Peter's mom was out, so it gave Peter some bro time.

"So you and Toni, huh?" Ned asks.

Peter nods, "Mmm-hmm,"

Ned glanced at his friend, "You okay?"

Peter nods again, "Yeah. I talked to her after school." He said.

Ned paused the game, "Really?" Ned asks lowering the controller.

Peter rubbed the back of her neck, "Well she just wanted to make sure I was okay, which I am. And we just talked about wanting to stay connected, you know."

"Peter, you've never been friends with your exs?" Ned asks.

"I've only ever dated her and Betty." Peter protested.

Ned nods, "Exactly!" Ned said, "Like you and Betty have been back and forth with figuring out how you both stand. Either friends or not."

Peter shrugs, "I guess, but look- it's different with Toni and I." He said.

"How so?" Ned asks.

"Well for starters, she didn't cheat on me." Peter said, "And two despite the fact we broke up, we don't hate each other. We still care about each other."

"Then why did you break up?" Ned asks.

Peter didn't answer, instead he hit the start button and the game began. Ned protested as Peter took the lead in Mario Kart.

As the two were playing the door had opened -- just without a knock. It was Veronica.

"Hey," Veronica said, "How is my favorite dorks?"

Ned looks up, "That's usually Cheryl's line."

Veronica made a face.

Peter paused the game and looked at her, "What's up?"

"Look, I know we kind of started binge watching Friends on Netflix- but I'm staying the night at Kevin's house." Veronica said.

Peter pretended to look hurt, "Veronica, on Friends night? I'm hurt."

Veronica grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at home, "Oh shut up."

Peter let out a laugh, "Alright. Fine." He said, "Have fun."

Veronica gives him a look, "Yeah, yeah. Later." She said.

And then Veronica Lodge was out. When she left -- Peter noticed his pal just staring at him. Peter gives Ned a confused expression.

"What?" Peter asks.

Ned shakes his head in disbelief, "Dude! You don't see what I see?"

"What exactly do you see, Ned?" Peter let out a small laugh.