68

It was Pickens Day at Riverdale -- everyone was there

It was Pickens Day at Riverdale -- everyone was there. Tony Lockhart, who was still nursing some bruises was standing by his wife as they socialized to a family.

Tony kept glancing over to Peter. Finding his boy by a picnic table with Ned and Cheryl.

May noticed Tony glancing over at them, "What it is, Tony?" She asks.

Tony nods and kept his glance on his sons, "I just worry about him. Getting in the wrong crowd, getting into the mess I had gotten into at his age." He frowns.

May grabs his hand and looks at her husband in the eyes, "Anthony Lockhart, look at me." She said.

He turns to her. He feels his wife cup his face with her hand. Her eyes piercing into his.

"We raised a good boy," She says softly, "Sure there were some minor hiccups with jingle jangle and drinking but- he- he's a good kid."

Tony nods.

May had told Tony about the whole jingle jangle situation -- despite Peter wanting his dad to know. Tony use to be a party animal in high school, and everyone knew it. He was such a player and wouldn't be with the same girl twice a year. His party boy phase was to strike a nerve with his father -- and it worked.

"I have to agree with your wife, dear friend." Hiram comes over with Hermione next to him, "Peter is quite a bright boy and has a good head on his shoulders."

May gives Hiram a smile, whereas Tony just shot Hiram a look.

Just then Hiram's daughter, Veronica, and Archie came walking by. Hiram called for Archie for a moment, leaving Veronica to head over to Peter, Ned, and Cheryl. That is what worried Tony the most -- the fact that his son is so close to the daughter of the devil himself.

"That was a surprise, Archie." Hiram said giving the boy a smile, "Your victory over Clayton."

Archie gives Hiram a smile, "Thank you, sir."

Hiram continues to give the teen his charming smile, "Come by the Pembrooke tonight. We should talk about well you dating my daughter." He says.

Archie nods, "I'll be there, sir." He said.

Archie heads off to meet up with his friends. Hiram kisses his wife on the cheek before he heads off with Andre.

May turns to Hermione, "Where is Hiram going?"

"Work never seems to stop for him," Hermione says.

Tony frowns. The man is up to no good and it irritates Tony that he has no idea what it is. He wants to protect his son -- but he doesn't have a single clue what he is protecting his son from.

~RIVERDALE~

As people were having fun at Pickens Day, the Cooper clan made their way through. Alice was gleaming with a smile on her face -- she seemed so proud and so happy. Betty seemed a bit awkward, it was their first outing as a family in a while -- minus Polly.