51

Betty held her phone to her ear -- it was late

Betty had returned from the party that she left early that she wanted to go straight to bed. She had sat on her bed on her laptop, until the sound of her phone rang -- with an unknown number.

This it where we are now. A confused Betty Cooper on the phone with someone she had no idea who it was.

"Hello?" Betty says.

"Hello, Betty. This is the Black Hood speaking."  The voice was raspy.

Betty sat in utter shock, "How- How do I know this is real?" She asks.

"I will strike next where it all began."  The Black Hood said.

Betty leans a bit forward in her position on her bed, "Were you there? At the Town Hall?" She asks.

"Oh, yes."  The Black Hood said.

"But you- you didn't hurt anyone?" She asks.

"Tonight was all about you."  The Black Hood says.

The way he spoke -- the way he just sounded like he knew her made Betty feel sick. As if she had a nasty taste in her mouth every time he spoke.

"What do- do you want?" Betty asks.

Betty tried to keep her composure. However, she was speaking to a murderer. This is the same man who shot Fred Andrews and even attacked Moose and Midge.

"The same as you, to set Riverdale on the righteous path again. To cleanse it of sinners- isn't that what you want?"  The Black Hood asks.

Betty rested her hand on the top of her head, "Not by killing people." Betty said.

"Only the ones who deserve it. People like- your sister. I know all about the sin she carries in her womb. I also know she's at a farm, two hours North."  The Black Hood said.

Betty's eyes widen -- how did he know that? The only ones who knew that were her family, and she mentioned that Polly was safe to her friends.

"If you try to warn her, I'll know. If you tell the police we've spoke or your mystery-loving boyfriend, I'll carve her like a Jack O'Lantern."  The Black Hood said.

Betty held onto her bed frame tightly, "Please, don't hurt her."

"Then we're at an understanding then,"  The Black Hood said, "I'll contact you soon."

And then he hung up. Betty sat there -- collecting her thoughts over what just happened. She ran her hand over her face, leaning forward on her bed.

~RIVERDALE~

Veronica and Peter walked together to school -- the same has they had been doing so for a few months now.