34

Everything slowed down after Fred Andrews had said that

Everything slowed down after Fred Andrews had said that. The words echoing in Jughead's head -- over and over.

A hand reached out to comfort him -- he didn't pay attention to whom it was. He was sure it might've been Betty. But the brooding teen didn't care.

Jughead just bolted out of the school building, leaving everyone in his dust. Betty was the first to run after him -- then Archie, Veronica, and surprisingly Peter.

When the four teens managed to reached the front entrance of the school -- all they see in the distance is Jughead running off.

Betty closed her eyes and tears slid down her face. Peter looks at her and then looks at the ground, he reached his hand over and placed it on her shoulder for comfort. Betty turns her gaze to him and then looks back to where Jughead ran off.

~RIVERDALE~

"FP Jones confessed to the murder," Tony said.

Peter had left the dance shortly after that -- telling his friends he wasn't feeling too great. Peter was sitting in his den with his father. He had since changed into normal clothes than his suit.

"Yeah," Peter said, "Jughead- he looked so crushed."

Tony didn't seem to look up from his whiskey, "Yeah."

Peter looks at his dad, "Dad?"

Tony finally looks at his son, "Yes?"

"Is there uh- is there anything I need to know?" Peter asks.

Tony sits forward on the couch, "What do you mean by that?" He asks.

Peter shrugs, "Is everything okay? With the business? I never hear you talk about it anymore." Peter says.

Tony placed his drink on the coffee table, "We can discuss all of that when your mother comes home." He said.

Tony stands up, as does Peter.

"But dad-," Peter was cut off.

"Tomorrow," Tony said.

Peter frowns, "Fine." He said.

Peter looked from his phone -- he had asked Archie or Betty to text him if they heard from Jughead, but nothing. He was growing worried.

"Peter?" Tony asks.

Peter looks up to his dad, "Uh- I am uh-," Peter motions to the door, "Gonna go help find Jughead."

Tony nods and grabs his glass, "Keep your phone with you. And call Happy if you need anything." He said.

Peter grabbed a hoodie and nods, "Alright, dad."

And with that said, Peter sprinted out of the estate. Tony sighs and then downed his whiskey. He held onto the glass and then threw it at the bare wall.