26

Betty knew she messed up

Betty knew she messed up. She knew what she did was wrong, and yet part of her was confused. Much like Peter had said -- she needed to figure things out between herself and the boys in her life.

Betty went from having a long time crush on local redhead -- Archie Andrews, only to move to her past friend -- Peter Parker. That blossoming relationship was something Betty never expected. He was so kind and so sweet. He listened and didn't protest when Betty wanted to work with Jughead.

But as she spent more time with Jughead -- Betty saw something more than the social outcome showcased to the world. She saw him as a vulnerable person with so much locked up. Maybe Betty wanted to help him. Maybe she wanted more.

All she knew was when Betty found Polly, Peter wasn't there for her emotionally. Jughead was there.

Betty couldn't fault Peter. He didn't know and not to mention had his own stuff going on.

As Betty laid in bed the next morning. Her brain reliving everything -- the conversation. The confession he told her. The confession about his parents marriage problems. He didn't tell her because he felt his problems weren't nearly as bad as the stuff going on with her.

All Peter did was look after Betty. He didn't want to worry her. He wanted to comfort her. He wanted to make her feel better.

~RIVERDALE~

The next morning things started out as usual. Betty walked into the school and things seemed to have fallen back to how things were before the year started.

Betty walked the halls, noticing Veronica and Kevin waiting for the blonde by her locker. However, Betty couldn't help but move her eyes in the direction of Peter.

Peter was at his locker but had his earbuds in. He was ignoring everyone -- and that included Ned. As Betty continued to walk down the hallway, she noticed Ned come over to Peter but only for the leaner kid to shake his head -- which left Ned to walk off.

Betty reached her locker and it seems as if her friends noticed where her eyes were at the entire time.

"So he knows?" Veronica asks.

Betty nods, "He- we broke up." She said.

Kevin gasped, "What? No way! You two were my OTP." He says.

Betty sighs and opens her locker, "Can we just not talk about Peter and I right now." She frowns.

Veronica nods, "So uh- how is Polly?"

Across the hall, Peter shut his locker and then noticed her -- Betty Cooper. It took everything in him not to run over and just take everything back. He only wants to make her happy, but Peter can't do that as much as he'd want to. Because Betty had hurt him and he needs time.

So instead, Peter just shut his locker and then proceed to walk down the hallway. He felt eyes on him as he passed Betty Cooper's locker, he just didn't look back. He needed to figure things out.