64

The following morning, Peter had ditched his usual ride to school by Andre in order to be there for Michelle -- today was gonna be something

The following morning, Peter had ditched his usual ride to school by Andre in order to be there for Michelle -- today was gonna be something. However, when he attempted to walk with her to school, her mother already said she had left for the morning.

Peter ended up heading to school -- meeting up with Betty and Archie along the way. Betty's smile widens when she sees Peter.

"Morning," Archie said.

Betty accepts a kiss on the cheek from Peter, "What happened to your ride with Veronica?"

"I wanted to walk with Michelle, after all this new adjustment is gonna be something." Peter said.

Both Archie and Betty knew -- they knew what most students didn't. Betty nods and holds onto her boyfriend's hand.

"So where is she?" Betty asks.

Peter shrugs, "I don't know. Her mom said she left early, which I can only assume she is bailing on school today or something-." He said.

As the crew walked into the school they find a registration desk set up, and running it was Veronica. She had a smile on her face the moment she saw her boyfriend and friends.

"Morning guys," Veronica said, "We all need to be ready for when our new students arrive."

Peter wraps his arm around Betty's shoulders, "Wow, you're really in a good mood this morning."

Archie nods, "Yeah most people don't like the fact that the kids from the Southside are coming here."

Veronica looks at her boyfriend, "And someone has to set a good example. Which will be us. We need to be welcoming to our new classmates." She said.

The group exchanged smiles and then awkward laughs. It was nice to see that Veronica wasn't going to be like everyone else -- heck, no one expected her to shun the Southside kids, seeing as Peter had dated one and technically so did Betty.

Coming over was Kevin and Josie, it seemed that they were helping out as well. Was it because of the fact they were forced by their parents -- who knows.

Kevin put down some news letters on the table as well as Josie putting down some flyers for after school activities.

"Wow, V. If only you told me how big you were going for this," Betty said, "I would've helped."

Veronica smiles and shakes her head, "It's fine." She said, "We had it under control."

Josie nods, "Yeah we did."

Just then in came the Southside kids -- wearing their Serpent jackets. People began muttering under their breaths as they passed them. Peter looked up -- noticing Jughead leading the pack, and Toni standing right next to him.

As the group came to a stop in front of the registration desk, it was then that everyone got to see everyone. Peter noticed no only did Toni come to Riverdale High but also Sweetpea and Fangs. Both guys nod at Peter's direction -- which got Betty's attention.