10

In Biology class, the teacher was beginning with a lesson

In Biology class, the teacher was beginning with a lesson. Jughead was sitting in his seat -- the seat next to him was empty. Peter was sitting behind Cheryl's desk which housed Veronica, but he was sitting next to Ned. Betty and Kevin were smiling at each other as they were passing notes.

As they were about to start off with the lesson, the classroom door opened -- revealing Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller. Betty  and Kevin look over, Jughead turns his head in the direction, Veronica looks over at Cheryl. Cheryl looks a bit scared.

Cheryl looks at the two men, "You're here for me, aren't you?"

Peter who sat behind her, "Cheryl?"

Cheryl glanced at him, "It's okay, Pete." She then stands up, "It's because of the autopsy."

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl." Principal Weatherbee said.

Cheryl shakes her head, "It's alright, Principal Weatherbee. They'll find out soon enough."

She took a few steps away from her desk and stopped in front of the two men. She held her hands out waiting for them to be cuffed.

"Now, that won't be necessary." Sheriff Keller said.

Veronica stands up, "Wait, Cheryl? Find out what?" She asks.

Cheryl turns to the class, "That I'm guilty."

Peter sat there shocked -- looking at someone he claimed to be good friends with. Cheryl made eye contact with Peter one last time before walking out with the principal and sheriff.

The teacher tried to calm down the class who were all gossiping about what just happened. Betty's eyes drift over to Peter, he looked devastated.

Betty felt Kevin nudge her, "Think she killed her brother?"

Betty's eyes still locked on Peter as she says, "I don't know."

~RIVERDALE~

Sitting in Principal Weatherbee's office Cheryl sat in the desk across from the principal's desk. On the other side was Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller.

"To clarify, I didn't mean I was guilty of killing Jason." Cheryl told the men, "I loved him more than I do myself. But I am guilty of lying about what happened on July 4th."

"The autopsy puts his death about July 11th," Sheriff Keller said, "When was the last time you saw your brother?"

"It was July 4th. I don't know what happened the week after that, but-." Cheryl paused.

"Cherly, in your own words. What happened at Sweetwater River?" Sheriff Keller asks.

"The plan was bananas, even for me." Cheryl started, "Jason wanted to leave Riverdale and never come back. He asked for my help to stage a tragic accident, so that our mom and dad wouldn't come after him. Our story would be, we went for an early morning boat ride, and the boat tipped, and capsized, and Jason drowned. In fact, we made it to the other side dry as bones. We said goodbyes on the Greendale side of Sweetwater River. He promised he'd call me as soon as he was in a place where he couldn't be reached or pulled back by our parents."