Waking Up

*THERE IS A SECOND BOOK*

"Soon" I respond and hand him my packed suitcase. He takes it smiling. He carries my bags downstairs as I go into everyone's room and wake them up.

Uh oh. Matts room. He's always playing jokes on me and scaring me half to death.

I slowly walk into his room and over to the bed. "Matt it's time to get up" I say shaking him. He doesn't move. He doesn't make a sound.

"Matt" I shake him harder and now I'm worried. Still no move no sound. I check his heart rate and don't hear it or feel it. Then suddenly I'm wrapped into one of his bear hugs.

"MATT" I half scream half giggle. He laughs along with me. "I thought you were dead" I say hitting his chest. He continues to laugh but doesn't get up.

"I'll make breakfast" I smile cheekily at him. He shoots out of bed and quickly gets dressed in some pj pants. "Let's go" he says grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs.

I laugh and follow him.

Everyone else is already awake and moving around getting things packed. Cameron's sitting at the island. He turns and winks at me. I flush.

I get out some pans and pancake mix along with some eggs and milk. I put in the correct amount of ingredients and mix them in a bowl.

"Someone wanna help?" I ask. Hayes is the first one up. "What can I do?" he asks. "Flip the pancakes here I'll show you" I stand behind him and takes his hands helping him carefully flipping some pancakes.

"You got it?" I asked. He nods and I let go. I look over at Cameron and his jaw is clenched. Jeez I was just helping him. He's 14 why should Cameron be jealous.

I roll my eyes dramatically at Cameron who copies me. "Someone wanna make some toast?" I ask and Cameron jumps up immediately. I laugh slightly and get out the bread.

He gets out the butter and a butter knife. "You know what to do" I say kissing his cheek he smiles and shakes his head.

*

*

*

Everyone sits around the breakfast bar and I move through the kitchen making their plates. We have just enough for everyone. I make myself a plate and set it in front of Cameron.

He looks at me puzzled but I just sit in his lap and start to eat. I sense his smile as he continues to eat.

*

*

*

When everyone's finished Cameron grabs his bags along with mine. I follow him out and watch as he puts out bags in the trunk of my car.

We were going to take as few cars as possible so were taking a big van then Cameron and I are taking my car.

I hop in the drivers side and twist the keys in the ignition. Closing my eyes I listen as free engine roars to life. I smile. I love this car!

I click my seatbelt on as does Cameron and were off the long drive to Indiana.

*

*

*

*

*

I pull into the parking lot of the hotel were staying in. Finally! the ride was peaceful and easy. Although long it was a good trip over all.