Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Today was the day that we finally take back what's ours.

Jamie said I had to look my best, so she told me what to wear last night and laid it all out.

I was wearing a plain midnight blue dress that hugged my body and landed till mid thigh. It had a boat neckline and had sleeves that landed above my elbows. I wore a thin white leather belt around my waist with a silver buckle. I slipped on my beige Louboutin heels and put on some Sapphire earrings and a matching necklace. Of course my mom's bracelet was already on my wrist. My hair was neatly wavy and I put on some light makeup and lipstick.

"Nina! Time to go!" Jace called.

"Coming!" I said as I got my white clutch and white coat.

I went to the living room and saw Jace looking at his silver Rolex. He was wearing a black Armani suit with a dark purple tie under his dark gray coat.

"You ready?" he asked grabbing my clutch that I handed to him so I can put my coat on.

I nodded buttoning up my coat. "Yeah. Let's do this." I said determined as he handed me back my clutch.

He smiled proudly at me and kissed the top of my head. "Let's go, then."

Once we arrived at MV Corporation Jace told me to put on massive sun glasses so people wouldn't recognize me yet. He reminded me to keep my head held high and walk with confidence, just like a Maxfield.

Mr. Dale got out of his car first and his driver took it away. Jace's bodyguard got out of the car and opened the door for us. I got out of the car right after Jace and soon a light gray BMW pulled up as our car drove away. I smiled at the person who came out of the back seat.

"Hi." I said hugging him and kissing his cheek.

"Hi, George." I said smiling at Jake's bodyguard.

"Ma'am." He said smiling politely and nodding.

"Hey." Jake said and kissed my temple. "How you feeling?"

"Nervous." I said softly releasing as breath.

"Just relax. Stay confident. Jace and I are here for you." He said giving me a comforting smile. "Remember, this your day."

Yes. This is my day. The day the Maxfield blood line came back from the dead. The day that the empire will be returned to its true ruler, and the day that the fakes will step down from their throne.

Jake and I walked hand in hand as we headed into the lobby and to the elevator. Jace, his bodyguard, Mr. Dale,  George, Jake and me.

was actually pretty excited despite being nervous. I know I sound mean but, I really want to see their faces when they get the news, when their whole world comes crashing down and they realize that their crowns have been taking away.

We arrived at the meeting room and Jace and Mr. Dale went in first. I was hidden behind  the two bodyguards, Jake in front of them.

We sat down at the rectangular table. Marian was in front of Jace and Victor was in front of Jake. Bianca was also there and I was sitting in front of her. Mr. Dale was beside Jace. It was Mr. Dale, Jace, Jake and me. The guards waited outside.

"Well, now that everyone's here, let's get this contract signed shall we." Marian said proudly. I saw Victor smirk smugly and Bianca smile at me matching her boyfriend's.