Chapter 31

HELLOOO!

Im a terrible person for leaving you for this long, ive just been SOOOOOO busy.

I had an awesome dream last night- I met One Direction and we all went on the bus together and became best friends- like I said- good dream.

So here is the next part (even though as I write this, I still haven’t decided what im going to write…..oh well, lets improvise!!)

SO LOVE YOU GUYS! VOTE COMMENT FAN!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summers POV

I arrived at Colette’s house (it was in walking distance, I really do need to get a car) around 1 30pm and I couldn’t stop fidgeting. 

You know when you have been waiting for something for so long that when it finally arrives, you cant believe it and you want to go back to waiting for it? Yeah, that’s the feeling I am experiencing right now.

Colette opened the door slowly and shot me a small smile. I saw the bags under her eyes and her lethargic movements only proved what I was thinking; somebody wasn’t sleeping very well.

We went up to her room and sat on her bed. It looked like she was tidying up as bin bags were tucked away in the corner and things were lying on the floor.

“What are you throwing out? I could help” I offered, trying to sound up-beat. She seemed to look guilty and her eyes shot to her bookshelf and back to me.

Taking this as a sign she has done something bad, my eyes followed hers to her bookshelf. Once it was filled with books; Harry Potter, Hunger Games. And DVDs too; Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin, FRIENDS.

But it was empty.

And the black bags were full.

I gasped, running over to the black bag. Confirming my suspicions, I saw the contents of her once full bookshelf thrown into these bags and my heart broke.

These things make Colette, well COLETTE. I looked up at her and saw her standing, in the middle of her room, looking very guilty.

I raised an eyebrow for an explanation and waited patiently as she struggled with words.

“I thought- I thought that maybe Niall didn’t like me because of what I love and maybe if I change, he may like me” Her shoulders sagged as she spoke her thoughts aloud.

I knew she was in a dark place, but this is bad.

I drop the plastic bag and run to her, grabbing her into a bone-crushing hug.

She grabbed onto me for dear life and me to her.

“Listen to me” I spoke softly in her ear, before pulling back, brushing hair out of her face. “You don’t change yourself for him. If he doesn’t like you because of that, then he doesn’t like you at all. And that isn’t the problem; of course he likes you, hes just confused. Boys are stupid, you should know that.”

She looked up at me with her doleful eyes and said “You really think that?” I felt like I was talking Matt after a girl at playgroup didn’t want to play with him.

I need to stop comparing Matt and Colette.

“I really do” I said sincerely, flashing her a smile. She returned it weakly.

We both moved to the black bags and emptied them, bringing her bookshelf back to life.

After everything was normal, I went into business.