Chapter 9

The rest of the meal was uneventful except for Niall and I having so much fun! I will miss them when they go again. They tell me they are going up to Manchester the next day for a concert and some interviews.

After the scrumptious meal (Chinese is my FAVOURITE food) we were led into another hallway, far away from the way out.

"Where are we going?" I whisper to Niall. Two ladies in kimonos led us to a sliding door, which they opened to reveal the most beautiful Chinese garden ever.

It was blue, like most things at this place and consisted of lots of Chinese statues and lanterns surrounded by exotic plants which gleamed underneath the full moon.

I shivered as I felt the cold on my shoulders and slapped myself for not bringing a warm coat. The next second I felt the weight of a warm coat fall over my shoulders and the amazing scent of Niall. He had taken off his coat and gave it to me. How cute?

"VERY gentlemanly" I admired teasingly as he chuckled nervously. We wandered through the garden and found a little band playing and what looks like a small dance-floor. I arched my eyebrow at Niall and he shrugged, giving me an "it-wasn't-me" look. I smiled and grabbed his cheek like a grandma, which he swatted away.

He took my cold hands in his warm hand and led me onto the dance-floor, and bent down low. He looked up and said "May I have this dance, Ms Malfoy?" He was looking up cutely and I couldn't say no!

"Of course, Mr Horan." He pulled me in close to him and we swayed slowly and to the music. We laughed when he spun me dramatically.

He took a white rose from the arrangement and gave it to me, whilst I pretended to be embarrassed. I took it and smelt it. I loved the smell of roses and this one was so pretty.

We swayed a bit longer in silence and I could feel my heart beating faster and faster.

This moment was perfect; he must have planned bits of it because it was all too smooth, how Louis and Abi just "disappeared".

Just like before, I got lost in his eyes and I felt my world spinning. He breathed into my cold face, warming me up. The music had stopped and we had stopped swaying.

We leaned in slowly. This time there was no interruptions, just us. We were so close, I closed my eyes as soon as our lips touched.

The warmth from his lips spread through my whole body like an electric current. I didn't care, as his lips were amazing against mine. We deepened the kiss, clutching tighter at each other in desperation of the kiss.

That's when I realised WHO this is. It was NIALL HORAN! I COULDNT KISS NIALL HORAN.

I broke the kiss, and looked into his eyes, seeing the hope and hurt there which made me feel even worse about what I was about to do. "I gotta go" I said hurriedly, as I speed walked away, ignoring his calls.

I walked around the corner, not knowing where I was going and smacked right into someone's hard chest. I know this sounds weird but I know that chest. I had bumped into this chest before and I dreaded opening my eyes to see his face.

But I had to. I was righted as I heard him say "Gosh Summer, this is becoming a habit." He joked, that gorgeous smile of his playing on his lips. GOD! How could I drool about him when I just kissed NIALL!

Then he noticed my confused and sad expression. The smile faltered and he looked worried. "Summer, what's up? Where's Niall?" I didn't answer him, I just looked at the rose in my hand, feeling the tears prick in my eyes. He lifted my chin up to get our eyes to meet, and I felt my heartbeat rise when I looked into his eyes. Oh god not this situation again.

I didn't answer his question, instead I said "Can I have a ride, I don't think I could get one with Niall." He nodded, not asking questions as we walked in silence, though I could see that he wanted to. I then realised I was still wearing Niall's jumper. That was a kick in the gut. At the same time I wanted to hold it against my face and smell him (yeah I'm freaky) and take it off and get it from me as far as possible. 

Before Louis could start asking questions I didnt want to answer, I diverted the attention away from me.

"Where's Abi?" I asked, my voice breaking from the tears that were still left unshed. Louis looked up from looking at the floor and his face was bitter.

"Oh, she had a "Party" to go to" He said, grimacing as we walked into the car park. I grimaced too, not liking anything but a smile on his face. An motherly instinct to cheer him up came over me uncontrollable, just like when Matt is sad, I am straight there to make it better.

"Didn't you go with her?" I enquired.

"No, she didnt really ask. Anyway, I know that she likes going alone." His words sounded rehearsed and I wondered if he told other people this, or himself.

I was confused, but he soon changed the subject just like I did; the subject I was dreading.

"So, what happened back there? I was just coming to see where you were" He said questioningly. I sighed and decided to tell him. His eyes were trusting and probing and I knew I wouldn't be able to lie, not to those beautiful eyes. Gosh, there you go again Summer, I thought.

"We kissed, I freaked, I ran." I said simply, not able to express the pain and confusion in any more words. I saw his jaw clench and I wondered why. I instinctively turned back to the way we had come,  the garden now covered by a wooden gate. I wondered what Niall was doing, really hoping it wasn't beating himself up. I couldnt bare that for something that was my fault.

"What about you and Abi?" I directed the limelight back to him sneakily.

"Don't try change the subject and nothing I knew she had a party tonight." We had reached his car and I got into the passengers seat quietly, acting innocent. He saw right through it and just looked at me. I broke and sighed.

"Fine! I like him, but he's Niall Horan! If I date him, goodbye normal life! Just one day with you and I am all over the magazines! And there will be so many rumours and how am I supposed to know what's true and what's not? I trust Niall with my life, but I dont know if I could deal with all of that- I'm a girl after all and so much abuse is what I cant stand" I rambled as Louis turned on the engine ,thinking. I looked out the window and directed him towards my house.

He stayed silent most of the way, only asking for directions, seemingly deep in thought. I was getting worried now, as his jaw was still taut, even though it felt good to let it all out. Did I upset him somehow? Breaking his best friends heart wouldnt make me his favourite person. Yeah, that must be it I affirmed in my head. 

I bit my lip as we pulled up outside my flat. It wasn't late, but it was quite dark and Niall's jumper was both comforting and upsetting. I hope I didn't upset him too much . That thought made me shiver guiltily.

"Thanks for the ride and I will see you soon right?" I said looking up into his eyes, hope obvious in my own. He smiled as warmly as he could be it didn't reach his eyes and my heart skittered.

"Definitely. Remember, I'm always a text or phone call away." He said signalling to my phone which was in my bag."I will tell everyone you said bye, and that you miss them."

I nodded and smiled. I reached over and hugged him. He smelt so good and at first he was shocked but he wrapped his comforting arms around me. He pulled away from the hug, but not all the way, so our faces were very close. The familiarity of this position created warning bells in some parts of my brain but I was too stunned and warmed to take any notice.

"Sweet dreams" He whispered huskily, making me shiver slightly. He leaned over, opening the door for me.

I jumped out, the cool air soothing my racing heart and blushing cheeks. I shut the door and walked to the door. I turned before opening it, giving a little wave whilst he drove off. I let out a sigh and silently opened the door, trying not to wake Mum and Matt.

All in all, it was an eventful night. I lay down and closed my eyes and I saw two pairs of eyes staring back at me, but one of them was bigger, brighter, nearer.

I fell asleep before I could work out who those eyes belonged to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE COMMENT FAN