Chapter 25

-Nialls POV-

I was at Colette's house. I had started coming here after she accidently spilt coffee on me, before me and Summer were going out, when we met in Camden. I came back here to get my t shirt dry (she wouldn't take no for answer) and I fell in love with her dog, Paddy. Yes, Paddy. Colette's family is Irish and her dads a great laugh. Paddy's full name is Padfoot (as in Sirius Black in Harry Potter) and he is hilarious. The boys knew I came here, and thought it was something romantic, but I only had eyes for Summer. What an idiot, I thought. We didn't tell Summer, it was a silent vow we all took that seemed to make things easier.

Her family were lovely to me and insisted I come back. I came nearly every week I was in London and me and Colette would hang out and talk and take Paddy for a walk; just being really good friends. Any worry I had, she would listen and help me out and me the same for her.

So, in times of trouble, my mind directed me here.

I snapped out of my daze when I saw Colette come back into the room, carrying some tea. Her face was serious as she took in my emotional state, handing me the tea. I manage a small smile as a thanks but it looked like a grimace.

There was a silence as we sipped our tea before she broke the silence with the question what I knew was bugging her; "What Happened?"

So I told her. I told her what I saw; Louis and Summer, kissing. Saying it out loud made it more real, and I hate it. I managed to hold myself together as I told her, and I saw her half pitiful, half angry face, which I couldn't bear to look at, so I turned away.

Next thing I felt her hand gently force my face to look at her, and then I felt her embrace. It felt nice to hug someone, and I felt some of the pain of being heartbroken leave me. I don't know how long we stayed like that, but it was peaceful.

Until her phone rang. I felt her sigh as she pulled away. I instantly missed the warmth of her, but pushed it aside. Im not dealing with feelings at the moment.

She reached for her phone, checked the ID and scowled. She pressed the answer button and said 'What do YOU want!' Her voice filled with anger. NO! I don't want her and Summer to fall out because of this. Im a horrible person.

Whatever the person on the other end said shocked her, as her face showed some shock for a few seconds, before it hardened.

'Oh it's you.' She said, her voice filled with as much venom as before. That must be Louis on the phone.

A small voice on the other end spoke, but too quiet for me to hear. 'Yeah, why?' She questioned them.

A long answer followed. I saw Colette's brow crease in concentration. She seemed to make up her mind. 'Ok, but I'm doing this for him, not for you two.' She said, before she hung up.

I gave her a questioning look. She smiled fakely and stood up, holding out her hand for me to take. I didn't stand up or take it, just continued to look at her. Where did she want me to go?

"Come on Nialler, trust me?" She whispered, wiggling the fingers of her outstretched. I decided to trust her and I took her hand. It turns out we weren't leaving the house, just going to the kitchen.

She led me to the breakfast bar seat and I sat down confused. She began to pull random things out of the cupboard, I watched her, confused.

'We are going to make some cupcakes; cooking always takes my mind of things.' She smiled radiantly. I decided that food was a good idea, seeing as I left the Chinese....I'll stop that thought.

Me and Colette (well Colette mainly, I just ate or messed about) made Oreo cupcakes. When she was making the icing sugar, I had a mischievous thought. I secretly grabbed a handful of icing sugar.