Chapter 11

I awoke the next morning with the face of a sleeping Colette right up next to mine. I chuckled lightly, and rolled over, getting up out of bed. She moaned and burrowed back into her bed.

God she is just like Merc-. I cut that thought off short as I felt both sad and angry at that name. We had been friends for so long, and she just betrayed me for fame as fast as you can blink. I shook my head, trying to get those thoughts out of my head, I didn't need them today.

Mrs Lewis crept into the room as I was finished getting dressed quietly, with Colette still wrapped up. Her youthful face portrayed an evil smirk and I knew what she was thinking. She tip-toed over to the bed and grabbed one end lightly and nodded for me to do the same.

She mouthed the words "1....2....THREE" and we both pulled. Colette's shriek of terror and the satisfying thud of her hitting the ground was all it took to make me roll around with laughter. Mrs Lewis was laughing too, clutching her slender frame. Colette was far from laughing. Instead, she gave us an evil glare but I could see her eyes were filled with amusement, and stalked to the bathroom to get ready for the school day.

I walked downstairs with Mrs Lewis, talking mindlessly as I helped her make breakfast; PANCAKES! Colette came down soon enough looking lovely in leggings a quirky top and converses. She set the table and hummed to herself, in her own world as always.

Colette's sister came down soon, still in her pyjamas. She was 10 years old and was really funny, always making her family laugh. Colette's dad had already left for work.

Soon it was time to leave. We got the train to Shepherds Bush and walked the rest of the way, laughing and messing about. I went to my locker and took out my guitar and songbook, which I had left in there from yesterday and went into the library. My haven as you may well know. There is a sound room at the back where you can go to just play music without anyone hearing or seeing.

Colette had gone to the auditorium when she got a text that they were doing improv. I took out my IPod and clicked shuffle, choosing a song that I could play on the guitar or just sing.

After 10 mins, I had no songs to play as the songs that were coming up were either dance songs or boring. I sighed and put my IPod away. It was obvious that I wasn't going to have much inspiration now, there was something niggling at the back of my mind and I didn't know what it was.

As soon as I started to notice it, it got bigger, soon becoming my sole thought. I was trying to put my finger on it. What was bothering me so much? What had I forgotten?

Then it snapped. Niall.

The name made a smile grace my lips. I remembered that he said we were going to meet up. When? Will it be just us? What about the others? What about Louis?

I groaned inwardly as the second name came into my thought process. Louis.

That name made my brain hurt with confusion. As I tilted my head back to relieve my thoughts, I caught sight of the time and realised I would soon be late if I didnt hurry up.

I reached my Dance Theorey class and sat down out my usual desk. My head collapsed onto the cool surface and I groaned at the pounding of the two names in my head; Louis, Niall, Louis, Niall.

I started to relive moments with Louis; banging into him the first time we met, when he came to school to talk to me, after my kiss with Niall.

With Niall's name I started to relive moments with HIM; meeting in KFC, the journey to the Blue Dragon, after the gig.

SO CONFUSED I whispered to myself, banging my head against the surface of the desk.

"Don't bang too hard, you may kill all your remaining brain cells" a nasty familiar voice sneered from behind me. I lifted my head slowly and turning round with my eyes narrowed. I met the once soft eyes of Mercy, but now they just hold cold hatred. 

"Haha, I don't think ANYONE can "bang" as hard as you Mercy" I retorted, which earned a few sniggers for students surrounding us. I regretted it as soon as I said it but she didnt even flinch. The teacher was too busy writing down our lesson plan to realise what's going on.

"Ha, that's funny, because the last time I checked, your total was 3. I bet its five now." She said threateningly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said, twisting my whole body towards her. She leaned forward as everybody else around us settled to listen.

"Poor Ni and Lou. They don't know what they're in for. Yes I know about you and Ni. They will be just another name on your list, seeing as you will never be on the A list, you may as well create your own, "special" list." She smirked evilly and I felt my blood boil. Casting all the good memories of us aside I felt my rage tumble into my stomach.

"Nothing comes more special than you Mercy, and do you know what they call people who feed off their boyfriends status? I dont know, but I think it begins with an 'M'. Is he even your boyfriend Merce? Last time I checked you were nothing to him." I turned round back to the front and I could just imagine her face. I know it wasn't a very good comeback but I was struggling to think straight with the red blinding my vision. I knew I had touched a nerve though. Thats the thing about best friends; they know so much they could either be your closest friend or your enemy.

"Reading Festival" I heard her whisper. I got up off my chair and grabbed her shoulders, which shocked her to no end. I was past angry now, I could punch her face in if I lost it anymore.

"You wouldn't! Don't you DARE ever mention that again! EVER" I practically yelled.

"But everyone wants to know now. About you-know-who in the tent-"She was cut off by me grabbing her luscious locks and throwing her off her desk.

"SUMMER! COOL DOWN ROOM! NOW" I noticed Mrs H standing over me, looking livid. Mercy was whimpering like a baby on the floor. I turned and gave her one last glare. The class started whispering. I didn't care, I just couldn't believe I trusted her with my deepest secret. Everything has changed.

I reached the cool down room 10 minutes later as I was ambling. I signed my name and sat at the back, taking out my IPod, like everyone else, not wanting to be disturbed from my thoughts. I clicked shuffle and let the cool melodies of music pass over me.

I had nearly fallen asleep when I was interrupted with my phone vibrating. I sneakily took it out, avoiding the teacher's eye as I read the text. I beamed at it and my heart stuttered.

Sender:Horeyxox

Helllo gorgeous! Fancy skipping school and meeting up? N xx

I would get to see him again. I thought. RESULT. With a sly glance at the teacher, I replied.

Sender:Summer

Anything for my little leprechaun ;) meet you at my house, 15 mins S xx

Luck was on my side as the bell rang for lunch. I remembered Colette doesn't have lunch on Mondays, she has her play rehearsals. I went to the toilets to check my make-up. I went for the natural look today, with some leggings, a white top and a lumberjack chequered top unbuttoned at the top with my scarf and hat and red converses.

I signed out as usual and hurried to my road. I slowed down as I reached the corner of, making it look like I sauntered all the way here. Yeah I'm sad.

As I turned the corner, I saw the green mini and beamed. He was leaning up against it, looking in the other direction. He was looking amazing as usual and I just wanted to jump on him.

That last thought shocked me. Then I started to see the big picture.

And as he turned his head and caught sight of me, giving me a dazzling smile that makes my heart melt, I started to realise something that I should have realised ages ago.

 I was falling for Niall Horan.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE COMMENT FAN!