Chapter 37

I am so sorry for the really long wait for this! I am currently ill at home so instead of revising for my all important summer exams that determine my future and govern my whole life- LETS CONTINUE THIS STORY! As they say #YOLO (yeah I said it, deal with it )

So yeah sorry for the long wait! BON APPETIT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Summer? Are you ok?" his voice broke the silence in the room and in my head. That voice. It should have been familiar; loved, cherished. But no. Now it's just vibrations in the air created by his voice box and picked up by my ears. Stupid memory.

Honest answer to that question; No of course I'm not ok. I seemed to have found myself star struck- by my boyfriend- Ahh the bitter irony. The emotion in his eyes, and his words, the knife already causing cuts in my heart deepened at the sight. He took a hesitant step forward and my eyes widened. I must have looked like a deer in headlights, or a fan-girl meeting her idol. Scratch that last one; I AM a fan-girl meeting my idol.

I know that this is very inappropriate timing, but damn he looked hot. Wait what am I saying, I am allowed to check out my boyfriend. He had some stubble from where he hadn't shaved and he was in jeans, a stripy shirt and a denim jacket finished off with a pair of TOMS. He also had a pair of glasses on and wow did he work that look. But there were some tell-tale signs a stress, be it the bags under his dimmed eyes or the recent frown lines on his face.

"Hello" I said formally. Great Summer, make a tit out of yourself within five seconds of waking up. Unable to hold his intense stare at my awkward rebuff, I turned to the other two people in the room, again attempting to break the ice.

"Sorry for scaring you, comas aren't as fun as they look on TV." Again with the formality Summer, really? I scolded myself. To break the awkward silence, I flashed a tentative smile. I don't think it was good enough, as Louis sucked in a breath.

The girl smiled that disbelieving smile people do when they think you are kidding and said "Summer, have you been taking your loony meds, why are you acting like you-"

"-cant remember us." Louis finished.

So much heartbreak in three words, I choked up on my oncoming breath. I turned to Louis and saw such sadness. Wait a second. I had heard that sadness before- he's the boy. Wow it was so obvious, it was staring me in the face (well literally, as Louis is staring me in the face).

I looked up at him, my heart jumping and breaking at the same time. I tried to form words, but he just shook his head. With one last look, he put his hands to his head in a sign of giving up and left the room, leaving a trail of sadness with him.

"Louis, wait! I'm sorry!" I found myself calling out. My heart accelerated. I needed to follow him. Now. I ripped wires off my wrists and fingers and flung the covers away.

The firm hands of my mother and Dr Jenkins held me back into the bed covers but I struggled. I couldn't let him go because.....because. Why? I didn't even know him. No memories. No feelings. Just a boy I apparently liked. The block in my mind that had temporarily started to disintegrate hit back at full force, re-obscuring any memory that I could have remembered in my fit of madness.