Chapter 10

It had been 2 weeks since the kiss, and Niall and I haven't spoken since. Its eating me up inside and I spend most of my trying to think of something to say, staring at the draft message that I will never send. 

Sender: Summer 

Hey Horey, long time know speak! About that night.....

I shake my head and delete this. I try again:

Sender: Summer

Hey Niall, what's up?

No I can't just pretend like nothing has happened. I pressed the worn out "backspace" button and try one more time.

Sender:Summer

When you are next down, we need to talk

Not completely satisfied with the graveness of the text, I added two kisses and sent it to him, hoping he will reply soon, before I bite all of my nails off.

I was sitting in Colette's drama rehearsals as I am staying at hers tonight. She is my closest friend now as Mercy has decided she is too "cool" for me. I'll tell you the story:

**2 weeks earlier**

I drudged into school, tired as hell because of the lack of sleep I have been getting. I couldn't think straight and those two pair of eyes hasn't left my mind since that night.

I opened my locker, sighing as I placed my lyric book and my guitar in there. I was just about to close it when it was slammed, making me jump in fright. I turned round to shout at the person who scared me, but I found it was only Mercy.

"God Merce you gave me a fright there..." I trailed off when I saw the look on her face. Her fuming look which she only ever uses on her mother. My stomach twists under her stare, feeling weak and helpless.

"WHAT did you think you were DOING?" Mercy's voice said, dripping with venom.

"I-what-huh" I stuttered. My mind was racing, trying to think what I had done wrong. Maybe she found out I borrowed her favourite lipstick?

"Don't try and deny it! I know you went out with ABI!" Mercy said, her eyes narrowing at me. I was gobsmacked; I would have laughed if she hadn't already started talking.

"I see what you're trying to do. Trying to steal her away from me! Trying to use her to get yourself famous!? Well let me tell you will NEVER. BE. FAMOUS." Her finger jabbed me in the shoulder, pushing me back against my locker.

I snapped out of my shock state and pushed her finger away and said "ME?!?!?! What would I want with that lying, two faced bag of bones." I pause and look her up and down. "You two are perfect for each other."

Before she could respond I picked up my bag and finished "I can see she has already cloned you. Why would you think that Mercy? I'm your best friend?! You've changed. Don't come running to me when Zayn and Abi dump you, because I don't wanna hear it."