Chapter 5

When I woke up the next day, I concluded to myself it was a dream, and I have a VERY vivid imagination. But when I saw Mercy sprawled out on my sofa-bed, still in her clothes from last night and realised it wasnt a dream!

I actually sang on a One Direction Stage! I HUNG OUT with One Direction! I squealed to myself, maybe a bit too loudly as I saw Mercy stir and look up groggily. Her face was laughable, but I know if I laughed she would KILL me.

"Morning sleepyhead, ready for school?" I said teasingly. She yawned and stretched out like a cat, made a move that looked like she was going to get up, then decided against it and fell back into her welcoming pillow.

I chuckled and got up. Thank god ONE of us was a morning person! I decided to give her a bit more time to adjust whilst I went to check on little Matty. I opened a door a little bit to see him sitting in his cot with his newly decorated room, rubbing his eyes with his chubby fists. He spotted me and whispered "Sum sum!" His eyes were alight with joy. How could anyone NOT love him?

"Hey Matt Matt! Are you hungry?" I said happily, coming into his room, being careful not to step on his various toys placed around the room.

"Very" He opened and closed his chubby fists, his little way of saying "pick-me-up-or-ill-scream!" I picked him up and nearly stumbled backwards. "Someone's gotten heavy" I joked and carried him to the kitchen. I sat him in his high-chair and gave him his food and fed him whilst I made mine and Mercy's breakfast. I made her a coffee too; she looked like she needed it. She came stumbling down the stairs wearing new clothes from the suitcase she brought, looking like the walking dead.

I handed her the coffee and she took it without a word. "Watch Matt Matt whilst I go wake up mum and get dressed." I walked towards mum's room and noticed a note on it. Curiously, I took the note. It read:

Hey Honey,

I hope you had a good night, sorry I wasn't there to talk to you about it! Had to go to work early to open up! PLEASE could you take Matt to school?? He can stay in the crèche there?? THANKS SO MUCH DOLL!

Speak soon, give Matt a kiss from me

Mum xxx

I sighed. This happened a lot. I quite liked bringing Matt to school, he always charmed everyone and we had some bonding time.

I scrunched up the note and threw it in the bin and walked to my wardrobe. It was chilly out so I decided to wear my skinny jeans, a white top and a blue cardigan with elbow patches. I threw a brush through my hair and put a beanie hat over it. I did my make-up, going for the natural look and threw on my woolly socks and biker boots and my navy gilet and big crème scarf the matched my hat. I picked up my books and guitar and placed them by the door.

I went back into the kitchen to see Mercy waltzing round the room with Matt laughing in her arms. I grabbed him and got him dressed. He always dresses in blue as it is his favourite colour, and it matched his eyes. So I dressed him in Jeans and a blue t-shirt which read "Keep Calm and Read Harry Potter" and in brackets it said "Its a shame I cant read" I picked it out in Camden for him and he loved it. Me and my mum LOVED Harry Potter so we read it to him a lot. We were all ready to go, even Mercy, when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

I took it out curiously. The senders name was Romeo. It took a minute to realise who it was and when I did realise I squealed. Mercy jumped and turned to me curiously. Matt looked up and tugged my gilet.

"He texted me! HE!" I said. God I sounded like such a dork! Mercy caught the gist of what I meant, as I had explained everything to her last night, and squealed with me too! I breathed in and out of my nose to calm down and put it back in my pocket.