Chapter 15

~~~~~~~~~~

I got into the house and walked shamefully into my room. Matt was asleep as it was pretty late so hopefully we won't wake him up.

I plopped onto my bed. When my mum gets angry, she doesn't shout, she acts really calm and detached, which makes it worse. It's all because she watched so many parenting videos and counselling sessions.

She sat opposite me, looking into my eyes. I squirmed as I felt she could read me like a book.

"Tell me everything" She said simply.

And I did. I told her about when I bumped into Louis, when I went up and sang on stage at their concert, the meal with Louis, Niall and Abi, Niall and I's kiss and everything. I told her about Mercy too, which nearly made me cry. I also slipped in an apology for lying about where I was; she hates lies because my father always told them.

By the end of my rant, my throat and eyes were sore from holding back tears and Mum still hadn't spoken. I looked down at my quilt cover, wiping my eyes.

For what seemed like minutes later, but could only have been seconds, she lifted my chin up with her hands, locking our eyes. She had a slight smile on her face and her eyes were sad. I hated how I was making her sad too.

"I know exactly how you feel" I snorted at that cliché line. "No I mean it, you love being with Niall, he makes you feel safe and secure and seeing him makes you feel really happy. But with Louis, it's the risk, lust in a way but he also makes you feel complete but you're not sure of him, his emotions are wrapped up tight. So you stuck in a battle between good and bad, the right and wrong. With Mercy, I know that girl nearly as well as you, she will come round. You can't lose her from something as small as this. You know that."

I stared as her shocked how she knew all of this. "Am I that obvious?" I joked, my throat sore when I chuckled.

"Yes, but I also speak from past experience WHICH I will not be repeating" She stopped me before I could ask. I nodded, knowing that the subject must hurt. "I just want to warn you that you shouldn't take this on lightly; getting in a relationship with someone famous means you have to be serious that you're going to be together for a long time, or you will never live it down." I knew where she coming from and I nodded, taking in her advice.

"And don't lie to me again, you know how I feel about that." She added. I nodded willingly.

"Ok, thanks Mum, you have really helped." She smiled and engulfed me in a hug. We broke apart as my door open to reveal a sleepy Matt with puffy eyes.

"Aww Matt Matt? Did you have a bad dream?" Mum cooed as Matt came running towards her outstretched hands. She scooped him up and soothed him, whilst I got ready for bed. She lay him down on one side of my bed and I got in the other.

Whenever Matt has a bad dream, he comes into my bed and I either read to him or I sing. We snuggled down in the bed as Mum went to get us some hot chocolate. She closed the door on the way out and I put my arm around Matt as he snuggled into me, sucking his small thumb cutely.

I decided to sing softly to him, like a nursery rhyme, until he fell asleep. I watched him sleep soundly for a bit and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

It's obvious who you're supposed to choose the voice said. I groaned inwardly. It wasn't obvious to me when I'm so conflicted. There was a massive block in my head covering the answer. 

Oh yeah, enlighten me then, I thought bitterly.

Honey I don't need to tell you what you already know it said happily. (A/N now it's a mean girl, wow I have a weird imagination)