Chapter 3

As I pushed my way through the crowds,a smile graced my cheeks loving the adrenaline and the concentration. Its a friendly battle but its still a battle and we love to do them.

I walked up to my “troop” which consisted of my friends including Mercy. I could tell she was angry because I was late so I put on my repentant face.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? Arent you always early for school??” She yelled over the heavy bass and the cheers. “Too late now, get on there” She pushed me in front of us all. I dropped my bag and greeted everyone else. I looked to see who are opponents were; aahhh my ex boyfriend Jay.

My lip curled at that name. He cheated on me, badly! Broke my heart and didnt even care. I still feel the dull pain in my heart every time he sends me that smirk. I cant believe I fell for his lies. But now this is payback, because Jay always used to brag about his amazing dancing skills so beating them will be brilliant.

This wasnt a friendly battle to me anymore. I caught his eye as he turned to us and he smirked at me, looking me up and down, making me shiver with disgust. I sent him a glare and turned back to my friends.

We got into our places and our music started. I  get lost in the dance and gave it my all. It was the boys turn first and they were great. We had worked on a new routine and its working really well.

Then it was me Mercy, Khara, Ellise and Macy’s turn; the girls. (See video for this)

To cut a long story short, we won! The look on Jays face! I was laughing and singing with Mercy when I realised I forgot something...or someone.

SHIT-TAKE MUSHROOMS! LOUIS! “Merce, I just have to go check something be right back” I yelled in her ear. I rushed through the crowd to the place I had left him, but he wasn’t there.

My heart sunk, he had left without even watching. I frowned, upset as I thought he was a generally nice person and now my view has totally changed of him. Why would I be such an idiot?

“STUPID STUPID STUPID”  I said to myself.

“Awww don’t beat yourself up babes, I know you want me back” A horrible voice sneered in my ear. Jay.

I spun round, backing away from his smirking face. “Get away from me.” I spat as he came closer.

“Don’t be like that, we were only messing aroun-“ He didn’t get to finish his sentence, because my fist had connected with his mouth, and my leg with his crown jewels.

He looked at me lividly while bending in pain. “I TOLD you to stay away from me” I said. “You're nothing to me.” It felt good to say those words as I had been too heartbroken before to talk to him. But now I could forget about him. I dont know why it was now that I found this new born courage but it was about time.

I turned around to walk off when I noticed a piece of paper and two pieces of card. I took them curiously and opened the piece of paper and read the note inside:

Sorry I couldn’t stay, but WOW u can dance.

Take these tickets, they're for tonights performance

See you there

L

So he had seen it. and he had invited me to his gig! I walked quickly towards Mercy, banging the tickets on my thigh. The crowd was gone now, all filing to their next classes so she was easy to spot. She was holding my bag, looking around before she spotted me.

“MERRCEEEEEE!!!!!” I said pleadingly. “Please-will-you-come-to-a-One-Direction-Gig-with-me-Tonight” I said this so fast I couldnt even understand. She looked at me confused.