Preparations

Third person POV

Pyrrha is currently defeating Cardin's team on a one vs four battle. And Pyrrha defeats every one and even manage to beat up Cardin in the most flips possible. Then a buzzer is heard and Glynda calls the match. She tells that Pyrrha should have no problem qualifying for the tournament. Then Glynda says "Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring matche. Any Volunteers?". Glynda is about to have Blake go in till a male name Mercury says "I'll do it"

"Mercury is it? Very well. Let's find you an opponent." said Glynda.

"Actually, I wanna fight... her." says Mercury pointing to Pyrrha.

Pyrrha asked "What?"

"I'm afraid Ms. Nikos has just finished a match, I'd recommend you choose another partner."

"No! It's fine. I'd be happy to oblige." said Pyrrha.

Mercury get to the battle floor and prepared to battle. Mercury ran up and did a kick, but he hit the shield and got a hit in the left leg by Pyrrha spear. They continued to fight, Mercury and Pyrrha continued to fight, either Mercury either hit Pyrrha's shield or missed entirely. Then Mercury knocks Pyrrha spear to the ground, and it looked like Mercury is about to hit Pyrrha when she brought her hand up and it looked like she is bending the leg away. Then Mercury was in a kneeled position and attacked Pyrrha again launching himself back. Pyrrha then charged him as he forfeited the match. Pyrrha is shocked before saying "You, don't even want to try?"

"What's the point? You're a world renowned fighter, we're obviously leagues apart." said Mercury. 

"In that case, Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match, again." She then ended the match and said "Next time you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent." Then the end of class buzzer is heard and Blake is snapped awake and Glynda says "That is all for today. And remember the dance is this weekend, but you all have your first mission on Monday." Team RWBYS walks to their dorm. Sun tries to ask if Blake is going alright and tries to invite Blake to the dance but get rejected.

Gen POV

I am sitting on the window still as I look at who is talking .

"We want you to go to the dance." said Ruby

"That's ridiculous" said Blake

"Blake we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head" said Yang

"You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering." stated Weiss

"You think I care about grades? People's lives are at stake." said Blake

"Blake. 6,775 people die every day. And there is nothing you can do about it" I said.

"Still, I want to stop Torchwick." said Blake

"We know and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to." said Yang

"Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere out of Southeast Vale" said Ruby

"And the Schnee company record single out Vale as the primary target for dust robberies over the last few months." said Weiss

"Don't forget about their missing military tech too." said Yang

"But there's still unanswered questions" said Blake

"Blake there is always going to be unanswered questions. Like why are we here. It's one of life's great mysteries, isn't it. Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of... some cosmic coincidence or, is there really a God... watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don't know man, but it keeps me up at night some times."