Revelations and Gears

After being told that the way we fight is shit we went and got reacquainted with the Ace-Ops. The strong lady goes to Ruby and shakes her hand so hard, her brain might have hit her skull. She then says that the Ace-Ops are going to provide dinner in this Hub area as a way to cool down, and help build trust between us. We sit down as the big lady, named Elm Edeme, says that their latest recruit of is getting some food for dinner. The captain, Clover Ebi, says the recruit has been with them for 5 years. Neo sits next to me and I lean against the wall. I take some deep breaths before I hear the elevator ding.

Is... is that ... humming? And why? Does it sound so familiar.... No. I know that melody, and I know very few people that know that melody. I look to see a feminine person come up with bags in their hands. They talk to the strong lady before turning to us. And, they preceded to scan everyone till stopping at... me. They then gave the bags to Elm, and then launched herself.... right at me!! Before I can do anything, I get tackled to the ground and they are on top of me. And they say in my ear "It is so nice to see you again, Gen." I know that voice, I look at them and then say in a low voice "Dad?". He slowly got up, nodded and smiled before letting me get my feet back underneath me. Of course, time to do this again. I got up and everyone starts asking questions, and I look to Neo and see her eyes are both in confusion and... close to crying? Right, explanation time. I sigh loudly before saying loudly "Everyone meet Blu Scott, aka *sigh* my dad." Dad quickly backed up my statement, and the reactions are overall correct. The Ace-ops were surprised to see that I am the son of one of them and Elm quickly tossed the bags to the commander and quickly started shaking my hand and apologizing to me at the same time. My friends ,however, were completely surprised. They looked at dad then me, then dad again. Yang was the first to say something with "Why? I- How?!". The issues with having a femboy as a dad, introducing others to my family. This has happen so many times, I am sometimes willing to just let them think he is my mom or a distant sister I have. I look at Neo again and I could see relief in her eyes. 

Dad started to give people items from the bag, which was food and soda cans. Dad gave me the items before looking at Neo. Who was really close to me. Closer than I thought she would be. Not, that I mind the feeling of her leaning on me. It's just.... wait. 

I mentally slap myself, are you serious Gen? Is that the best you could do with the first girl who is doing moves like this? You can do better than that. I sigh as I tell my self to do better next time and just... enjoy the moment. I sit there, the box of food on my lap and a soda in my hand. I stare at the food, as I realize how long it has been since I had a proper meal. Almost... what? 3 days? No, I think I ate Oscar's casserole back then so I guess 2 days. It's been a few minutes since we have started eating, swapping stories has started to increase as well. I told my fare share of stories as well as my dad. Of course, the occasional awkward story was told as everyone started to throw away the empty containers away. After the ordeal, I notice I have not touched any of my food. 

Penny then starts to give us a tour of the academy. I held onto my items as we walked. Due to the food, we aren't as tired as we used to be so we stood as high up as we could. She eventually gets us to the dorms and Blake, who was a bit tired, said "So, we are sleeping in the dorms?" Penny affirms this and we all go to our own rooms. Due to space issues, Neo was grouped with Jaune, Ren, and Nora while I went with my team. We get in and it is vastly different from Beacon. The bunk beds are now in the wall rather then their own, separate beds. There is a massive window that took up the entire wall. I guess I won't have a window still to sleep on. I guess the floor will do. I look around and I see a table with a microwave on top and a mini-fridge that is also in the wall. The fridge has a few bottles of water and a few snakes but is overall empty. I put my can in there, as well as the food. Ruby speaks to me with "Gen... Why didn't you eat?" 

I turned to look at her before breathing in and out. If I can confront her about this. Now is the time. "Ruby, I didn't eat cause something was... bothering me."

"What was it?" Ruby asked, the rest of my team looking at us. 

I look at her and I take a step towards her, "When you said that Ozpin locked himself away in Oscar's body. You gave the explanation that you have no clue as to the reason why." I take another step towards her, my voice becoming a bit more confrontational "I have a feeling you do know. Ruby. And, I think it has got to do with the action you did while I was down in the crash. So, Ruby, I would very much like to ask you a question. What the fuck did you do?"

Ruby started to panic as I confronted her. I hear Yang tell me to back off, but I looked at her and said "Yang, I want to know what you guys did while I was down. Don't think I didn't see all of your faces before she gave that excuses. You all looked at each other, waiting for someone ese to say something first. I'm sure the only reason Ironwood accepted that excuses is that he was already in a state of distraught." I sigh as my arms go limp as I then start pleding "Just, please, tell me what you did". The first to tell me was Blake "We used the lamp cause we... got angry at Ozpin and his many secrets. We wanted to know something, anything, just so we can have some sort of context to everything."

Weiss followed up with "So, we asked the lamp about Ozpin's life. Turns out we got more than we though we would get."

Ruby followed her and says "Turns out Salem and Ozpin were part of a version of humanity long ago and the two brothers turned out to have done something to them, which made them what they are now. And, over time, began to drift away to the point of violence between them happening."

Yang finished it with "Later on, we found out that as of now, we have no way of ... defeating Salem. All we can do, is give humanity and faunus kind time to live and thrive. All we are, is a group of people that defend all life on Remnant to live in bliss."

When Yang finished, my heart has long since, sink to the bottom of my body. Is that what we are now? Just cogs in a machine to stop Salem from killing us all? I sigh as I lay against the ground and slowly fall to the ground. Landing with a soft land as I sigh. Trying my best to vent out my frustration through my breaths. I put a hand to my visor as I close my eyes. I feel arms around me as I look to see Ruby is hugging me, soon everyone goes to hug me. For a long time, I always though group hugs signify happiness every time. Never knew it could be sympathetic as well.

Author's note:

(Hello all three of you people reading this fanfic. Firstly, thank you for getting this far. Honestly, I am surprised how I managed to get this far. Anyway, I am going to be breaking the fourth wall and am going to ask a simple question. Should I include pictures of what I imagine what the team's should look like or do I leave that part up to your imagination? I know it sounds weird, the thing is I want to try my best to write a fanfic that is unlike a few other fanfics. Like those with a lot of pictures in the story. I see them as a double edge sword of both giving an idea of what things look like, but find them breaking my immersion.)